Hippo to run in the 2008 presidential elections with PRD

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Well,

I guess Hippo and his PRD party think hat they did an excellent job while they were in office since his followers are urging him to run for persident in the next elections.

I thought he had more brains than that if he thinks that him and his goons are gonna come back to steal some more.

If the Hippos come back in, I am going to make sure there will be a revolution.
http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=26988

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Hippo Back Again? You must Kidding?

Is there no mention in the Constitution that this catastrophe in time could never happen again?

thepiper

Jan 25, 2005
As the world turns.....

IN DR everything is possible. Four years ago almost the same was said about Leonel. Remember the *** wipping PLD got 2002 elections. And 1978 the feeling was we were rid if Balaguer. This was true, but 20 years off. Politicians in DR take turns and chose rivals. Did you notice how fast the "plan renove" case was left in limbo after Hippo was mentioned.

It is just a case of you wash my back I wash yours.

Mr_DR said:
Well,

I guess Hippo and his PRD party think hat they did an excellent job while they were in office since his followers are urging him to run for persident in the next elections.

I thought he had more brains than that if he thinks that him and his goons are gonna come back to steal some more.

If the Hippos come back in, I am going to make sure there will be a revolution.
http://www.diariolibre.com/app/article.aspx?id=26988

Yes :) now i can start hoarding pesos!!!! they will be 75-1 this time around ;)
Badpiece

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Why would you "Hoard" pesos?
If they go to 75-1 you will lose.

"Hoard" Dollars on the way back up, not Pesos!

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Don Hippo as PRD chairman

So far the only suggestion made by a certain sector of the PRD is to nominate Don Hippo as a candidate in the internal election for the presidency of the party in their forthcoming convention.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
badpiece33 said:
Yes :) now i can start hoarding pesos!!!! they will be 75-1 this time around ;)
Badpiece

Good idea. We should get more for our dolla. Hippo got our dollar at 1 to 54.

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Great Investment

Great idea?

If you "Hoard" 100,000 pesos, for arguement's sake @ RD29/USD today.
Today they are worth $3448 in USD.

Just HIPPOthetically, in 3 years the RD Peso goes to 58/USD, your "Hoarded" Pesos are now worth $1724 in USD.

I am not predicting the direction of the RD Peso, my only point is if you speculate the Peso is going to REvaluate vs. The USD you do not want to be LONG Pesos....but LONG $USD.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
This is a thread that should have been started on April 1, April Fools day.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I'm with Ken on this

However, stranger things have happened--ie. Balaguer's comeback in '86. But remember, in '86 the PRD had been in power for 8 years!!, the country had nearly exploded is '84 and the well-documented PRD corruption of Cuervo G?mez and Michelen was is full swing.

this would be a real test. Carlos Morales, current the Foreigh Secretary, is aiming at a PRSC alliance for '06, since the PRSC party is acephelous and nobody is looming on the horizon.

However, if Hippo can make it back to party leadership, they have the ba!!s to try and paint a rosy picture of their four years. Lots of people like to fish in muddy waters....

HB :(:(:(

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Im not gonna say hippo wont be back...because in the DR you never know. But the article is talking about the internal PRD elections. I do wish he would win in the PRD elections, and hope he runs that party of criminals and neandethals to the ground. That party has never yielded anything positive for the DR. The PRD should be banned and all Perredeistas should be lobotomized or locked up. :hurt:

thepiper

Jan 25, 2005
samiam said:
Im not gonna say hippo wont be back...because in the DR you never know. But the article is talking about the internal PRD elections. I do wish he would win in the PRD elections, and hope he runs that party of criminals and neandethals to the ground. That party has never yielded anything positive for the DR. The PRD should be banned and all Perredeistas should be lobotomized or locked up. :hurt:

That is more than a million Dominicans. And only because of their political preference. I think I've seen that kind of thinking before and I thought it was dead. Can we include in the lobotomies all who are narrow minded and miopic??

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
It is a good bet that Hippo would run again in 2008. The PRD, at this point, does not have too many marquee names to run for President. Of course, like Democrats and Republicans, the PRD would find some platform to run on, probably the chicken in every pot strategy. The economy would have to be much worse than when Leonel took office for him to lose in 2008.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
kingofdice said:
It is a good bet that Hippo would run again in 2008. The PRD, at this point, does not have too many marquee names to run for President. Of course, like Democrats and Republicans, the PRD would find some platform to run on, probably the chicken in every pot strategy. The economy would have to be much worse than when Leonel took office for him to lose in 2008.
It is easy to buy the dominican pauper.
You just give them a bag of rice and a 5 lbs chicken and it is borron y cuenta nueva( everything forgotten) It is like that bag of rice and chicken acts as a virus deleting everything from their memory files.

The bad thing is that with all the money that Hippo and his Squad took, these rice and chicken bags are gonna be flying left and right too the poor, long enough till Hippo and his Squads take over again.

Hippo should get deported and be given the Trujillo's family treatment where none them can even buy a simple 1 sq ft in land in the DR not even his great great grand daughter who is now writing a book about her life and her father Ramfi Trujillo's son.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
From all appearances------

Lionel is rapidly going the way of Hippo!

This "Metro" boondoggle will place the country into another economic collapse when they get the final bill. They talk aaabout 300+Million US to build the damn thing and I'll bet the cost overruns go into the Billions of USD. Anyone wanna lay bets as to how HIGH???

In addition, he (Lionel) can't possibly pay for that AND all the other "Projects" recently promised to the various sectors of the country. The International Banking Community just won't go for another round of potential defaults. The World economy is too fragile for that. Besides that, there is a helluva lot of money being donated to the Tsunami relief and that is in the form of GRANTS! Surely lLonel doesn't expect to get grants??? He's stretching the confidence in him too far as it is. Many areas of the market are taking a second look at what is happening and retiring from the field.

NalOws-----What sort of skewed optimism do you have to impart about all this????

Texas Bill

DunHill

Aug 29, 2003
www.dunhill.ws
Hippo will be back in 2008
As a gesture to the poor he will fill all the holes in Santo Domingo that were dug with the Leonel government, who could not pay anymore for his golden Metroproject, after suddenly all the reserve money was gone
6 Months after this, and the rice and chicken, the goverment will start doing "business as normal" again, just as in 2005 and 2001

Newsflash - Feb 19 2009 -
Leonel is running for president in 2012 again

thepiper

Jan 25, 2005
DunHill said:
Hippo will be back in 2008
As a gesture to the poor he will fill all the holes in Santo Domingo that were dug with the Leonel government, who could not pay anymore for his golden Metroproject, after suddenly all the reserve money was gone
6 Months after this, and the rice and chicken, the goverment will start doing "business as normal" again, just as in 2005 and 2001

Newsflash - Feb 19 2009 -
Leonel is running for president in 2012 again

In Santiago, some Hippo die hards, are wearing t-shirts that have Hippos annoying smiling face that say "Estabamos mejor con el" (we were doing better with him).