Looking to rent a villa in Playa Cofresi..

Seavon

Jan 1, 2005
I found a villa in Playa Cofresi, Puerto Plata that seems ideal for my brothers and I. we are from NYC, the Bronx to be exact. last year we stayed at Paraiso del Sol in Cabarete..it was okay but I had a much better time every time I ventured away from the resort and met locals. ate better food..great music..beautful people in general.. So we decided this time to rent our own place..but we want something nice so as to feel like we are still on vacation and not just in a new apartment..lol.

Does anyone know what the deal is on these Villas ? as far as being a good deal..I mean it seems you have your privacy..and I like the idea of having a pool to myself.. the beach at my disposal..guests if I want..Has anyone else had any experiences with renting one these places..? also I'm thinking about flying into santiago as I am finding ticket prices over $ 100 US cheaper than if I were to fly in to Puerto Plata.. is it better to fly cheaper and pay someone to drive us 42 miles..?

Thanks, Sea

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
As far as I know, Playa Cofresi is a general area, do you have specific villa complex name? Are you referring to Hacienda Resort Villas?

The taxi from Santiago will cost you about US$50 and it a nice scenic drive once you get out of the city and go through the mountains.

Seavon

Jan 1, 2005
villa vista del mar

yes the place is called villa Vista Del Mar.. any experiences with rentals in this area..?