Sankies on TELEVISION!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I swear I'm not making this up...

I was watching a show last night, "MAS CERCA DE LOS TUYOS"...

The show is about people calling in to say hi to their loved ones either in DR or in the USA...sometimes they pick a family that hasn't seen their loved ones in a long time, and they film the family so they can watch each other on TV...

Well, last night...this guy calls in from NY, and the girl presenter ACTUALLY told him, that if he paid for her trip to NY, she would film him and his family in the USA so that his family in DR could see them on TV!!!

That is called PAYOLA, and is punishable here in the US by the FCC...

Talk about FEMALE sankies!!! And you thought there were only GUYS that worked in AI resorts!!! :bandit:

Are there no rules whatsoever in the DR? ;)

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Well...

I don't like women...but I would say she's pretty...

You would have to decide if she's hot...

Funny, if it was a guy asking someone to buy them a plane ticket...it would have been chaos around here.... :bandit:

MQ

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Sankies have been on TV before. I think it was a year ago, Primer Impacto did a 10 minute piece on a couple of guys in Boca Chica. THey followed one around and fimed him doing his thing with all the older tourist women

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
JDJones...

I am absolutely serious...I thought it was funny, but I believe she was REALLY almost begging the guy to get her a ticket...

Before that call she had already mentioned that she wanted to come to NY, but she needed a ticket, and if somebody would be willing to pay, she would take them up on it....

And then the sucker called...

The reason I posted this here is because everyone always jumps when a girl says that their 'love' in DR asked them for money, (or whatever) and some people (not naming names) blame it on the guys being poor, uneducated, hotel workers...

Here is this pretty young girl, white, very educated, nicely dressed and perfect diction, asking flat out for someone to buy her a ticket to NY...

Only difference is I guess she ALREADY has a visa...I wonder how she got that!!??? :bandit:

MQ

stewart

Mar 1, 2004
Let's be honest here. You know something about Dominican culture. Have you ever seen somebody with a visa in hand not have the money to fly to Nueba Yol? It doesn't matter how poor the person is, the money comes from somewhere. Usually from a friend or relative that has some interest.
I doubt she was that desperate.

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
Musicqueen said:
Well, last night...this guy calls in from NY, and the girl presenter ACTUALLY told him, that if he paid for her trip to NY, she would film him and his family in the USA so that his family in DR could see them on TV!!!

That is called PAYOLA, and is punishable here in the US by the FCC...

I might be wrong and I am not an Attorney, but I dont think this criminal and definately not a Federal offense. You mention the "girl" as a "presenter and would film the conversation? All the talk shows do it. Hotel, airfare, limos. Depending on who you are and which agent you have the higher the price tag. I will agree, its a bit tacky to say on-air, but so are a lot of television shows.
TEHAMA

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Musicqueen said:
I am absolutely serious...I thought it was funny, but I believe she was REALLY almost begging the guy to get her a ticket...

Before that call she had already mentioned that she wanted to come to NY, but she needed a ticket, and if somebody would be willing to pay, she would take them up on it....

And then the sucker called...

The reason I posted this here is because everyone always jumps when a girl says that their 'love' in DR asked them for money, (or whatever) and some people (not naming names) blame it on the guys being poor, uneducated, hotel workers...

Here is this pretty young girl, white, very educated, nicely dressed and perfect diction, asking flat out for someone to buy her a ticket to NY...

Only difference is I guess she ALREADY has a visa...I wonder how she got that!!??? :bandit:

MQ
When a man pays for a woman it is a very normal thing very much accepted in many cultures, but when it is a woman paying for a man; that is a different story and it makes the woman look extremely desperate as if she does not have what it takes to charm a guy with her goods using money as an alternative.

Since the beginning of the world it is known for men to shower their females with money and gifts or at least work hard to give her what she wants while women are known on using their female charms to get what they want.