Carnival

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Can someone tell me if the carnival is still going on in Puerto Plata, or has it finished? Thanks.

La Gata

Jul 16, 2003
www.myspace.com
I Don't Know About That But The Carnaval in La Vega ...

Was excellent except for the bruise the size of a pinapple on my bum and on both of my elbows from being trampled to the ground!!!!

But it was definitely an experience worth wild!!!

josie

Jan 10, 2002
I don't think I'm doing this right, but does anyone know about the status of the whale mating in Samana? I'm coming to DR in one week and have never seen such and was hoping now was the time. Thanks for the info in advance.

Whale watching

josie said:
I don't think I'm doing this right, but does anyone know about the status of the whale mating in Samana? I'm coming to DR in one week and have never seen such and was hoping now was the time. Thanks for the info in advance.

Hi Josie.

You should be in good time to 'watch whales' doing what comes naturally!

The season runs from Jan 15 to March 15. We included some info about the season, the Whales and 'Spotters' (Spotted Dolphin) which may also be around! on our free inf pages at:http://www.visiting-the-dominican-republic.com/picture-whales.html

there are a number of operators that run trips out into the Bahia de Samana for watching whales, and the Govt has been trying to ensure that these trips do not 'interefere' with the 'natural process' and environment for the whales, which we think is important. It would be a shame if what is a wonderful 'season' is so expoited by watchers that it adversely affects the marvellous marine mammals!

One company that does offer eco-concious trips seems to be this one:Whale watching

We have various information that might also be of interest and happy to answer queries if you don't find all you need on the forum. Hope you have a great trip.

R