guest (and guy) friendly hotel in SD?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
i made up my mind to spend the last 2 or 3 nights in SD (rather than in bC). Unfortunately the place i was thinking of staying at is booked (due to dominican heat party).....

Soooooooo... am looking for somewhere near the zona colonial....that is affordable ....safe and secure....and where i wont get a hassle or have to pay a fee if one of my friends want to come over. I most likely would like to jump on a guagua in the morning and head out to bc for the beach....but come back and be able to enjoy the city night life in the evening and night.

monanga is sold out....and i have heard the duque wellington has new mgmnt that is not as friendly as in the past (not that i ever stayed there). I am looking to book asap as (like i stated in my last thread) i want to give current hotel notice asap. I have already emailed him and told him of my intentions.....i just havent found anything yet.

arrrggg...i just wanna wrap up this last detail....then i can finaly relax (sorta..lol)

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Fruta de Wellington is 100% guest friendly.
You have to sign guests in and pay a few pesos for a second person or just get a double.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Lechero said:
Fruta de Wellington is 100% guest friendly.
You have to sign guests in and pay a few pesos for a second person or just get a double.

thanks lechero....i still have some second thoughts on wellington. I have friends who have stayed there with no problem......MY problem is that i have a non sankie friend who is not out that i might want to hang with. very conservative. I am not even saying that we will be doing the boom boom...but we might want to hang out and play cards......ok..i am hoping for some boom boom too LOL

If worse comes to worse i will book there in the next couple of days...was just hoping to hear of some other spots. If people feel more comfortable PMing me...i understand

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
A few months ago, I stayed at Dona Elvira's Hotel in Zona Colonial and it was ok if you are not looking for anything fancy.

The staff was very fiendly and they have a little pool where you can entertain your friends.

You do not have to sign anybody in but if you have a friend that would stay with you, you do have to pay a little extra.

There are also some tables at the lobby that the manager will make available for you if you want to bring food and drinks from outside. Every night I brought food, drinks and friends and we just stayed at the lobby having fun and listening to the manager's lifelong stories from his country, Uruguay is I am not mistaken.

If you need a place to sleep and then go do "your things/sightseen' in the mornings, it's your place.

Send me a pm if you want any more info.

By the way, the manager WILL make you and your friends fell like part of the family.

Last edited: