Finally my trip report is ready......

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Oh where do I begin on my trip report it's a little long sorry ?here it goes I hope I don't bore anyone.......
I went to POP for a week (never long enough of course) with my two friends who have all been to the DR many times before.
We stayed at the AI Playa Naco, nothing special an older resort but hey we didn't spend much money on it or time in it anyhow lol! We have a friend who works the hotel office and she was kind enough to upgrade us to a suite two-floor ocean view with balcony. It was great even though we hardly spent any time in it expect to shower and sleep. It had one king size bed upstairs and a sofa bed downstairs. But since none of us wanted to sleep downstairs alone we all agreed to sleep in the king size bed?.the youngest in the middle?lol! It was our joke for the week 3 women in a king size bed lol! Of course all the Dominicans wanted to join us? :laugh:.

We arrived late Saturday night around 10pm what a nostalgic feeling we all had and realized how much we missed the DR and were so excited we were back! We were so excited that we danced our way to find our bus and were dancing the whole bus ride to our hotel and discussing where we?re going dancing that night. Since it was late and we didn?t know our way around that well yet in the Playa Dorada complex we heard about the new disco Mangu in the Jar Tar Village resort and decided to try it. I wasn?t too excited because I already knew what to expect?. sankies everywhere lol but we had a good time and danced nonetheless to merengue and bachata.

Sunday we stayed chilled on the Playa Dorada beach. It was alright, some of the vendors from last year already recognized us!! We made friends with the security of all people and he fell in love with one of my friends no big surprise with these Dominicans lol. we headed for a drink at Hemmingway's we had a lot to drink (it started with cuba libres) and ended up dancing together to some Merengue and Bachata since there wasn?t anyone to dance with in there. I must say I'm a pretty good leader and getting much better lol! We finally left to La Canita and had so much fun dancing the night away. Of all places I met a Dominican friend from Toronto? he was getting married there?what a small world. I warned my friend who has never been there about the bathrooms so I decided to go with her at first. She's tall so she couldn't stop laughing because the doors are so short and as you squat to pee all you see is the person?s head and for some people you need to use one hand to hold the wall/door to keep yourself up :laugh: ? it was too funny. Then she saw two toilets in one stall and couldn?t believe it but by the end of the night she was comfortable enough to pee with another person in the stall lol?..must have been the few too many cuba libres! As you walk in there is a little lady with a gold tooth giving us napkins as toilet paper! She loved us since we tipped her a few times and she was so grateful. By the end of the week when one of us went to the bathroom she would kiss and hug us and ask where are the other girls! By the time we got back to the hotel we had so much to drink and my friends wanted to stop at Mangu again oh boy help me lol. One friend was really bad and not thinking straight and that?s when one guy wanted to take my friend away with him and lucky for me and my other friend who said no way and to go find someone else. This guy was so persistent it was scary! So we headed back to the room barely walking straight, each of us holding someone up and dancing right back to our room? lol. In the morning one of my friends looked at the other and said why is she wearing my top? I started laughing my a$$ off because I knew it wasn?t hers. Apparently she woke up in the middle of the night (we all heard her because she was the middle one) and she went through my other friends luggage and I guess took off her PJ top and put on my friends clubbin? top on and went back to bed. When we woke up we found my friends clothes that she wore the night before and the PJ top in the walk-in closet! When we asked she didn?t remember a thing and probably was sleep walking and thought she had to get ready to go out!! LOL

Monday we were so tired we ended up staying at the Playa Dorada beach sleeping in the sun, our security guy Pedro saved us some beach chairs. I think he was always watching us because as soon as we looked all distraught he was there to help us find our way. Yahwe made a friend already lol. He even bought my friend a CD he had the hots for her. We danced and sang on the beach nothing new we?re crazy fun. I think we were the life of the beach. The staff got a laugh out of us. I was showing them how I dance Salsa and they showed me their moves ? it was all fun!
At night we headed to Hemmingway's for a drink to pass some time it was Karaoke night no fun for us we wanted to hear Merengue and Bachata hee hee. So off we went to La Canita it was all right not too crowded but it was also Karaoke night, we figured Mondays was Karaoke in POP or something lol! We met the TO friend again . We met all his friends and danced away. We had a lot to drink this night (I guess you?ve already figured we?re lushes!) we were feeling good and having fun! We danced a lot and left with our new friends in his pimping ride lol! Drinking rum in the car (not the driver of course but he did have an open bottle of ron in the back seat?hmm) and dancing of course (I wish we had their music stations!!). Our new Dominican friend was laughing and we explained to him that there is no drinking and driving in Canada so it felt so weird but we continued having our Brugal lol!

Tuesday (I know you?re probably all thinking wow still on Tuesday!) we decided to head to Sosua. We decided to take a gua gua but realized that it wasn?t really a gua gua since it was only the 3 of us in it and the guy was charging 300 pesos! We knew we were getting ripped off but we were hot and hung over and just wanted to get to the beach and lie down. The waves in Sosua were huge like I've never seen before and the tide was really high hardly no beach area. We found our spot in front of Coco Rico restaurant. As they placed our beach chairs under some trees we insisted on some sun. They warned us the water was rough and the tide was high but we still wanted to be under the sun. Our bags remained under the shade away from the water. As we relaxed under the warm sun enjoying the sounds of the waves and listening to my walk-man, which of course was playing bachata? little did we know the waves could come up really close. Next thing you know this huge wave cameover all 3 of us and we were soaked to the bone and full of sand lol! We jumped up and screamed and ran for our belonging it was a hilarious site. I think everyone watched with laughter, as we ourselves and couldn't stop laughing. For the rest of the day we were on " Wave Watch " lol! We tried to nap in the sun but one eye was always open lol! Denny and Julio were our amigos who brought us our Presidente and took care of us, we had a lot of laughs with them and I think they were laughing at us all the time. The best was when they ran for our towels to squeeze them out and shake out the sand?ahh what service! Ice cold Presidente on a hot sunny day goes down so good!! Ahhhh
It was one of my friends birthday this day so we headed back to the hotel a little earlier to get ready!
We had dinner at the hotel sang happy birthday, I brought b-day hats and whistles?hahaand off we went to begin our night.
This night was a bit cooler so we asked the taxi guy to drop us off at our hotel after Hemmingway?s and changed. 2 of us went and 1 stayed behind. When we got back we saw another guy in the taxi! He was a Dominican who worked for Air Transat! He wanted to come out with us?who didn?t lol! We headed to the Car Wash in POP since we heard so much about it and we wanted to see for ourselves. It was once again Karaoke geez Dominicans must love karaoke lol! They also had some comedy show which made me laugh but it was kind of dead there so we headed out to yes our favorite place La Canita. As we were getting ready to get on a motoconcho?I know I couldn?t believe I was doing this but the motoconcho guy told us La Canita closed early because there weren?t that many people. In a way 2 of us were kinda glad because we were exhausted and needed sleep. So we stayed a bit at the carwash and danced a few songs.

Wednesday we enjoyed Sosua so much we decided to head back. As we found Denny and Julio we headed to our spot, they were waiting for us already lol. We were still on "Wave Watch" lol! We had fun in the water got a little crazy jumping the waves I think people on the beach thought we were nuts lol. We were just 3 happy girls telling jokes and having fun. We also enjoyed some lunch on the beach - some nice shrimp, rice and tostones yummy and of course we had a nice cold Presidente, okay we had more than one lol!
We headed back to the hotel on a gua gua boy it was packed about 20 or more people in it. We were convinced we wouldn?t be able to fit but they insisted we would fit and since we knew how it worked we went in. My one friend didn't know much about them so she was cracking up and she was so lost that the driver came out and moved her legs in the right position. So her legs were inbetween the guy in front?I think she was so embarrassed! It was hilarious. The 2 of them ended up sitting on this bench right behind the driver and they had to put their hand on the guys knee in front to balance! Everyone on the ride was getting a kick out of us 3 gringas lol! We had to get pictures of this I will have them posted in the media gallery lol! We made it fine and it was so much fun!
Back at the hotel my friend starting making her special drinks we had quite a few too many lol! We met some animation staff who saw us at the car wash the night before LOL! He took us to the show where they had a band playing, he ended up finding all of us a partner and dragged us to the stage to dance in front of everyone! After they wanted us to stop off at ?Gravity? the hotel club. We went for a drink. . After a few dances at Gravity and ron punches we headed to El Rancho Tipico and our animation amigo came with us. We danced a bit but it wasn?t too busy there so we decided to head to La Canita.. They already new us and saved our front table! The owner even asked if we wanted a job there LOL! = We made a few more friends and had a great night!! But it came to a stop when a brawl happened outside the club (happens sometimes) I was on my way to the washroom and I saw a bunch of guys running but I had to pee. Animation guy told one of my friends ?Donde esta tu amiga?? and sent her looking for me. My friend came looking for me and there I was in the stall peeing with those tiny doors with a huge smile on my face waving at her. She said it was a hilarious site to see! So we left due to the brawl we wanted no trouble. Lucky animation guy called a friend of his who taxied us around so we had VIP service with the taxi. We headed back to the hotel with our amigo and stopped at Mangu and once again not my favorite place. But we were all tipsy so we just wanted to keep dancing. We took the bottle of run from La Canita and my friend tried to walk in with a bottle of rum in her top and it worked lol! It was late and we didn't want to pay (can you believe they wanted us to pay at 3am!) so my other friend convinced them to let us in for free and it worked!
We had a hard time getting back one of my friends fell in the bushes a few times lol.
We finally managed to get to bed ?.out like a light!

Thursday We were so tired and of course hung over that we decided to stay at Playa Dorada beach. I must say we never once went in the pool always in the ocean we loved it!! We jumped the waves like 3 kids lol!
That night we almost missed dinner because we had no hot water! We called reception and they said someone will be there to fix it! Yah right! It was now around 9pm and we decided to take cold showers. It was brutal! But we managed. By the time we got out the buffet was closed but we managed to go into one of the restaurants and they were so nice, they had some chicken fajitas and they gave them to us! We ate so much since we were so hungry. After that we went to Gravity, but it wasn?t that good. As we were leaving to go to La Canita, some guys we met on the beach met us in the parking lot and took us. We were trying to hide from them because we didn?t want to get stuck hanging out with them and dancing only with them! But I think they saw that we weren?t interested and they also commented that we knew a lot of people?lol so they ended up leaving! I ended up meeting a friend that I met last year at La Canita he was so shocked I wish I had a camera to take a picture lol! I danced the night away I danced with my friend for about 8 straight Bachata songs with a few Merengue ?.seriously I did. People in the club were like is she ever going to stop dancing lol! . I loved every minute of it besides my friend?s a great dancer (wink)! That night we saw animation guy again sitting at that back enjoying the music and his presidente! He asked if we wanted to go to La Barrica and offered to take all 3 of us on his scooter! There was no way we would have fit! As soon as we were deciding who?s going where, my Dominican friend?s friend came with his car! So I went in the car, one girl got on with animation?she was holding her bottle of ron from the club and my other friend got on with animation friend?s scooter. I?m in the car watching these 2 on the scooters and what a site, I am screaming out CULLO because one friend?s pants are riding low, animation guy is drinking his beer while driving the scooter and my other friend is holding her bottle of rum! We didn?t end up going to La Barrica because my friend?s sensed I was really tired and at least we had a free ride in my friend?s car to get back to the hotel at that time.
My feet were killing me by the end of the night but all worth it I love to dance! Well my feet killed every night but that didn?t stop me!

Friday We decided we had to go to Sosua for our last day since we made so many friends and had so much fun there. We didn't have to be on Wave Watch today the water was calmer lol! We had way too many Presidente beers that day a little too much?.I?ve never been tipsy during daylight on the beach! We were hanging out with the friends we made talking and joking around. We danced on the beach and had a super great time! My one friend went snorkeling and the two of us stayed drinking lol! I got to try lambi (conch) that my friend was dying to have since she got there. Denny and Julio were getting a kick out of us we were all tipsy swimming in the ocean it was a blast! Our friends invited us to come back at night to party in Sosua?but we didn?t end up going unfortunately?well that just means another trip back!
We headed on the gua gua back to the hotel it was jammed packed once again lol! Even a Dominican waiting for it didn?t get in but they managed to shove us in. I was sitting on my friends lap and my other friend was in the front squished with half her body out the window too funny!
We got our hot water back! That night we headed to La Canita it was our spot we seemed to have the most fun there. I think I like the fact that is was open and I could see people's faces unlike La Barricca lol! We danced the night away again the owner kept joking with us to work there and he gave us an empty bucket and told us to go get some ice from the bar to practice! That night we even received some flowers from some Dominicans and one guy that liked my friend sent us over a bottle of presidente lol! We then decided to head to La Barrica because one friend has never been and she was curious. We stayed dancing a while I still don't like the place too much - it's too dark. When you can't see your hand in front of your face I think it's a problem lol. I swear I was going to fall every time I got up lol! Hey if I fell nobody would see it happen lol! It was our last night and we headed home we were already feeling sad I think the weather was sad for us too since it started pouring when we got outside!

Saturday We were leaving tonight at 8pm so we had the whole day to enjoy but it was raining when we woke up. We were so tempted to go back to Sosua lol! We did some shopping and called my friend from La Canita. He came by to pick us up and he drove us to Malecon to show us around. We were kind of sad :cry: because we were leaving. We said our good byes and headed home.

I swear the whole week we were there all we did was listen to music and I think we were even dancing in my dreams lol! As soon as we heard any music our bodies just moved?it was hilarious!
I even might miss the napkins instead of toilet paper lol kidding!

Well I hope I didn't bore anyone but we had so much fun and I just wanted to share our experiences. I do recommend that people leave the resort it is so much more fun! I don't think I could stay cooped up in an AI all week too boring!

Until next time as we are already planning when our next trip back we love the DR it's like a drug so addictive lol!! :laugh: :classic:

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
3 chics in a King size bed!

Girl, this was an amazing trip! Thanks for a good time and a great summary! Well we had to leave some things out of the report of course ;)

So when are we going back?? lol

Our song is on bachata 106!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wow I'm dizzy just reading about it. :nervous: Sounds like you girls had a great adventure. Good for you!

Now email me the good parts.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Yes Anna it was a blast not just the drinking we were just typsy mostly and a few nights we had too much. We just enjoyed venturing out and meeting people!
Okay I'll will have to tell you the good parts lol!

Anna Coniglio said:
Wow I'm dizzy just reading about it. :nervous: Sounds like you girls had a great adventure. Good for you!

Now email me the good parts.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Each year you have a different emphasis. This year it is peeing. B+ ;)

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Aww girl, sounds like you had a blast!!! I enjoyed your trip report--it does sound verrrrrrry familiar! (the drinking, partying, craziness.. and the did i mention the drinking!) lol. Oh, and I do agree, you just have to get off the AI's and explore the island... much more adventure and fun!
Take care,
Angel :)

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Great Story

Good report. It's moe than a trip report. It's a novel. You can write a book. LOL

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
It sounds like you and your friends had good clean fun.
Other girls need to learn from you....No crying over sankies, not getting attached to just one guy and just letting them know where you stand.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Other girls need to learn from you....No crying over sankies, not getting attached to just one guy and just letting them know where you stand.

Hey Proffesor MR.DR I think they passed the test and should earn a grade of A. What do you think?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Oh Mr_DR never attach to one guy lol but why when there are so many ;) . I was proud of everyone we stuck to our guns. We had a lot of guys offer to take us out but we didn't want to end up feeling like we had to be with them all night like I was there girlfriend no thanks. We tried to escape two guys but they found us lol. But when we got to the club they realized we new a lot of people. Besides I was already dancing with different people lol just how I like it!

Mr_DR said:

debs

Jun 10, 2002
Hey girl! Just wanted to say Welcome Back! I've read most of your report and will read the rest later. Sounds like you girls had a great time! I want to go next time!

Maybe I'll see you girls out this weekend to hear more stories ;)

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Ah thanks stallion do we get a star to lol. As I have mentioned before were smart ladies just out to have fun on a vacation. We have all been there many times we know all about the sankies lol.

stallion said:
Hey Proffesor MR.DR I think they passed the test and should earn a grade of A. What do you think?

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Music said:
Ah thanks stallion do we get a star to lol. As I have mentioned before were smart ladies just out to have fun on a vacation. We have all been there many times we know all about the sankies lol.

Sure, All three of you deserve individual STARS. (THOSE GLITTER ONES) LOL.
But I will recommend that you get 2 Glitter Stars for being the author and the leader of the pack. And a Presidente at La Canita next time you in town for your dedication and Leadership. Good work

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
LOL I like that perfect!!!!!

stallion said:
But I will recommend that you get 2 Glitter Stars for being the author and the leader of the pack. And a Presidente at La Canita next time you in town for your dedication and Leadership. Good work

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
How about a Imaginary GRAMMY!

Music said:
LOL I like that perfect!!!!!

I would have gave you a GRAMMY. But I don't have all that power. I will just imagine of you getting a GRAMMY for your True Story. I will pretend you did a documentry of your trip.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Wow thanks I'll prentend!!
Well I did leave a few things out ;) !

stallion said:
I would have gave you a GRAMMY. But I don't have all that power. I will just imagine of you getting a GRAMMY for your True Story. I will pretend you did a documentry of your trip.

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
stallion said:

So does the editor of the novel get a presidente next time she returns with the author? lol

BTW that novel all started in Sosua on a little receipt paper that one of our amigos gave us and then moved onto a scrap piece of paper at the hotel and then onto email and now voila...

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Diana said:
So does the editor of the novel get a presidente next time she returns with the author? lol

BTW that novel all started in Sosua on a little receipt paper that one of our amigos gave us and then moved onto a scrap piece of paper at the hotel and then onto email and now voila...

Sure what the heck. A Presidente for the Editor as well. Do you want to get another glitter star as well. Actually sorry I am out of those. How about a SMILLEY FACE. I am dying to see the cover Page. Good work.

Hey, arent the the two of you supposed to be at work. Or are you together chillin somewhere. Cuz You are both writing back a seconds apart.