Looking for stuff to do

batswinger

Feb 17, 2005
So what's there good to do in Cofresi outside of the AI (I'm going to be at the Sun Village Resort). Their website only mentions Ocean World and nothing else. I'd like to get into some of the local culture... especially food! I also want to do some snorkelling or scuba, and maybe some golf too, but I hate doing stuff like this with a "tour group" as most of the time it's crowded and there's invariably an idiot in the bunch (often that's me!! :bandit: ).

So recommend away!

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
snorkeling

I see you mentioned you dont want to do a tour group- but I stayed in Confresiand went out on a tour to go snorkeling- it was about a 2- 3 hr. bus ride to the Monte Cristi area, then took the little boat out to the private island(im sorry, but I forgot the name of the island) It was so beautiful there, one of my favorite vacation days ever! we snorkled, and this tiny island served fruit and rum. when you take the boat back after the snorkeling, you were served a delicious lunch of rice, beans meat, fish, salads, ect..it was fabulous!! and on the bus ride back, they stop at a local market. this was an excellent day excersion!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
You can check with First Class Divers on Cofresi Beach by the Hacienda Hotel next door. They usually don't have many people on the boat (might be just you and your group) and they can also take you fishing besides diving.

batswinger

Feb 17, 2005
Thanks Conchman... I'll definitely look them up. I think my folks did that same excursion last year and they did enjoy it as well... we'll see I guess. It's my first time in DR.