Hillbilly - a friend in deed!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Actions speak louder.........& I would like to thank HB for all his actions over the past few days in helping Bushbaby through his recent operation. HB was with Bushbaby virtually throughout & even organised his son (another doctor) to witness removal of bone & replacement with titanium & bolts. Frankenstein is now back home........& Mrs. Frankenstein has adopted the new role of nurse. This means he will recover very quickly......... ;)

Bless you, HB, for everything you did. A true friend indeed.......and in deed.
We owe you, bigtime.

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Ginnie, I hope Grahame is recovering well. Give him my best! I'm on the road in S America, haven't been on the board much last couple of weeks, so didn't know he was going in for an operation. Jeez, can never miss a day on this board -- it's always something! ;)

I am sure there is a long list of DR1ers (as well as many people who never come to this board) who can personally attest, as I can, to the kindness and generosity of HB. Curmudegon he may be (or pretend to be), but he has a big heart of gold. We are lucky to have him!

And I am proud that he and I share a link -- with West (by God!) Virginia. :cheeky:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I'm hoping it won't be long before you're feeling as good as new, Grahame.

Lots of love from all of us.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Lambada said:
Actions speak louder.........& I would like to thank HB for all his actions over the past few days in helping Bushbaby through his recent operation. HB was with Bushbaby virtually throughout & even organised his son (another doctor) to witness removal of bone & replacement with titanium & bolts. Frankenstein is now back home........& Mrs. Frankenstein has adopted the new role of nurse. This means he will recover very quickly......... ;)

Bless you, HB, for everything you did. A true friend indeed.......and in deed.
We owe you, bigtime.

We should all nominate HB for the Novel Prize.
Get well soon Bushbaby.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Mr_DR said:
We should all nominate HB for the Novel Prize.
Get well soon Bushbaby.

I agree. I was also thinking they should name a dominican airport after him.
Hope you have a good recovery. Get well soon oldtimer.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I guess with all the excitement in my own life, I missed this. Wishes for a speedy recovery, Grahame. Take care of him, Ginnie!!!

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
HB the 'Best Friend'

HB has my vote for the best friend of the ages award. ...AND doesn't it seem like he is a best friend to everyone! He treats everyone on this board with respect, whether he's met them or not. Then in person you find that he is smart, funny, caring, helpful, KNOWLEDGEABLE and gracious. These are just a few of the words we can use to describe him. Come to think of it, they could most likely be used to describe Mrs. HB too. What a gracious lady.

HB certainly went the distance for Bushbaby. It was a pleasure and honour to meet Mr. and Mrs. HB along with Bushbaby on my recent trip to Santiago. HB and Bush just landed back from the links at Jarabacoa of course.

Way to go HB! You make everyone smile. Speedy recovery to Bushbaby.

Justin :laugh:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
fell better

Grahame,
Speedy recovery. I am looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks.
Bob K

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
To Grahamme and Hillbilly

I can attest that I have seldom met anyone who is nicer than these two Caballeros!

Although what they have done for me in the past may seem insignificant to others, to me it was the mark of "true friends" and unimpeachable evidence of the best of humanity!

Good luck, Grahamme and a speedy recovery!

Luis, I'll be in touch soon, I promise...

Texas Bill

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
A speedy recovery BB.......

and belated wishes for Trina also!

Gosh ya miss so much when you're not online!!

Maybe we should petition Fernando to dedicate a new monument in Santiago to HB!!!!!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hillbilly is not only a nice guy but lately he is the skinny guy in town. I think he lost around 50 lbs in a short period of time. I almost didn't recoganize him in palermo bar. Only if he colors his hair dark, he maybe confused for a jevito.
Good luck GB and I wish you a speedy recovery. By the way, what was the operation all about? Broken leg? Hip? I am sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.
AZB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
AZB said:
Hillbilly is not only a nice guy but lately he is the skinny guy in town. I think he lost around 50 lbs in a short period of time. I almost didn't recoganize him in palermo bar. Only if he colors his hair dark, he maybe confused for a jevito.
Good luck GB and I wish you a speedy recovery. By the way, what was the operation all about? Broken leg? Hip? I am sorry, I didn't read the whole thread.
AZB

It was my broken clavicle that you bust up for me 11/12 years ago Aftab!!

Actually YES, it was the clavicle but it was broken in a motorcycle accident before we even met Aftab & started getting his treatments!! The bone never really reset & hence turned charcoal & died off, so the whole area around the clavicle had to be cleaned off by cutting out the dead stuff & replacing by a titanium plate & 7 screws. Four hours in surgery resulted (last Friday) but home on Saturday & in the Good Ginnie's hands for TLC!!

Thanks ONE & ALL for your good wishes. I should be golfing again by end of March or early April - hopefully with a corrected swing pattern!! ~ Grahame.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
BushBaby said:
Thanks ONE & ALL for your good wishes. I should be golfing again by end of March or early April - hopefully with a corrected swing pattern!! ~ Grahame.

Let me add my wishes for a good recovery Grahame. You must be really missing your golf. As for that unshaven loud fellow called Hillbilly, I have no idea what you all are talking about. His wife is much nicer ;)

Hey Hillbilly, we're neighbors. We closed last night on a little hilltop with a sweet hidden mesa of about 6 tareas in your favorite place. Vistas go on forever... I just hope all goes well with the actual transaction.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A little lesson in Dominican sociology

BushBaby and SWMBO live in POP. There are no offspring, cousins, aunts, comadres or compadres to assist them with this sort of thing. Remember how each time you go to the airport there are hundreds of people there just to see some friend/relative take off or arrive? Same thisg this time.

The Dominican society does not recognize the fact that people live like that and enjoy it.

BushBaby and I are "golf brothers" who enjoy each other's company-on the golf course and socially-so when he finally decided to get this bone fixed, here in Santiago, I, as a Dominicanized-"aplatanado"- person sort of wanted to help out a bit. That's all I did.

Even more interesting, was the reaction of everyone in the clinic, who could just not fathom the fact that a grown man would go in for an operation without ten family members standing by. Even less comprehensible was that fact that nobody was going to sleep there in the clinic that night. They offered to get me a retired nurse for RD$500 for the night to watch over Bush Baby-I guess so he didn't sleep walk. Actually, it was to watch for reactions from the anethesic(sp?)

However, once he was tucked in under an army blanket, he was out like a light. In a way, this was a shame, since the night nurse was stunningly beautiful-yes, even to my jaded eyes. Oh just as well, I suppose...

One other thing. I found out long ago that anytime anyone is going in for surgery, it is a good thing to have someone who knows the patient or the patient's family, to be in the operating room. Be it a doctor, nurse or orderly. That is why I asked my boy to stop in and see the events, which he so kindly did-he's the ear, nose & throat guy, not a orthopedic surgeon-and he was wise enough to take pictures for post op viewing....

All in all, this was an interesting experience for both BB and myself. And while I seriously doubt that we will be on the links together anytime in the near term, there will be fairways, greens and some fun down the road.

Remember the song? "That's what friends........"?

HB :D:D:D:D