Dominican independence FIESTA

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
Just curious to know if any of the Torontonian DR1 people or those in the near vicinity are planning to attend this Friday's fiesta to celebrate the Dominican's 161 years of Independence (I hope that's correct).
I know that doors open at 7pm????? c'mon who goes out that early???
I believe it's $20 at the door and if you buy in advance it's a lil cheaper $15-can't remember the exact price. People who are performing that I recall are: Carlos Cruz(for a lil guy he's got a good set of lungs-excellent performer, in my opinion), Juan Miguel-I believe he used to sing for Dominicanada, Alex Bello-of Banda Bella, Wilson Manuel-not sure who he is and Mezcla Tipica-which are other performers from Banda Bella.
It will be at the Meridan Banquet Hall - 2301 Keele St. I guess if you need more info you can either check out www.torontohispano.com or call 416-657-2248.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
bailarin I did hear about it but I don't think I will be attending. I went to the last years event and it was okay. The entertainment was good but something about the crowd people didn't seem like they were having so much fun? I don't know?
Hopefully this year it will be better!! There are some good performances this year so it sounds like it could be better!
Have fun!!