santiago to puerto plata

jmj

Feb 25, 2005
i was wondering how much it would cost to go from the airport in santiago to puerto plata (north shore beaches) and what would be the easiest (taxi, bus)

Gringoloco

Feb 10, 2005
jmj said:
i was wondering how much it would cost to go from the airport in santiago to puerto plata (north shore beaches) and what would be the easiest (taxi, bus)

The easiest would be taxi. Just walk out of the airport and they will be sitting there waiting. It cost me US $60 to go from Santiago airport to Sosua in December 04. Should be about the same for Puerto Plata.

Your alternative would be to take a cab from the airport to the Caribe tours bus terminal in Santiago. The total cost will be under US$20 for the bus and the taxi combined. Im not sure exactly what I paid for the taxi but the bus is dirt cheap.

The only hitch is if your flight arrives in the middle of the night like some of the Jet Blue flights, the bus only runs during the day. You have to either stay at a Santiago hotel for the night and then get on a bus in the morning or take a taxi (which is what I did).

Good Luck!

kzny

Mar 5, 2005
Does anyone know any reliable taxi service from Santiago to Puerto Plata or Cabarete? I am coming w/ a group of 12 people and need to reserve three taxis to take us. If they are good, I can also reserve a round trip.

thank you

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Benny Perez - worth a sniff.

Does anyone know any reliable taxi service from Santiago to Puerto Plata or Cabarete? I am coming w/ a group of 12 people and need to reserve three taxis to take us. If they are good, I can also reserve a round trip.

I suggest Benny Perez, Puerto Plata, cell 945 6489. A DR, speaks near perfect English, has been working the tourist industry with success in POP for 10+ years. He has a large van; it should hold 12; the normal 1 way fare from POP to Santiago is @ US $50; for 12 people it's probably closer to $60 - 70. Perez is efficient & honest.