All Inclusive or no?

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
Soo i am going again to Punta Cana soon, and i was wondering if it would be cheaper to the all inclusive thing or not? because when i go there im never at the resort anyways unless it is to bake on the beach.......im not sure what to do or what would be the best idea...any info??
Thanks
Vanessa :nervous:

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
If your spending most of your time outside the resort why go there to begin with.
Van ask any of the locals here and they will turn you onto a good place to stay-good places to eat bars to visit and so on. I feel your doing an injustice to yourself and the country you visit if all you do is hold up behind the gated AI's. It's like why go there to begin with.
Remember places in our own countries are closed down every day by the health dept it's just not news worthy.
Take your adventure to a new level and enjoy a great country and it's people,just do as you would at home use common sense.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
dontuseEltour said:
If your spending most of your time outside the resort why go there to begin with.
Quite often the price of the flight alone can be almost as much as a good last minute package.

I often eat, drink and even sleep away from the resort but for a negligible difference in price, I like to have a secure home base for my valuables.

I also enjoy the time that I do spend at the resort with my fellow guests.

project9

May 29, 2004
You can go to the AI and as Malibook says you'll have a secure homebase for your bags and if you're tired from a long party night you can stay in the AI eating, drinking and resting, at least that's what i do when i go on vacations.

firefox said:
I would be afraid to eat outside of the resorts.

That's bs.

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
firefox said:
I would be afraid to eat outside of the resorts.

If this is what you think you might just want to stay at home. Mi mama just returned from an AI (not in the DR though) and she didn't eat anywhere but the resort and brought back a lovely parasite similar to "beaver-fever".

In no way am I intimating that we should stop travelling to the DR and other Caribbean countries. Just that to those that are afraid of eating outside of the resorts just know that anything can be caught anywhere.

Getting back to the original poster, I have looked into various apart-hotels around the Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete area for my next vacation but as its now only going to be 2 weeks will likely go the AI route for cost-effectiveness and use it as a home base from which I'll (hopefully) visit Santiago and Santo Domingo.

Now how's that for a run-on sentence.. think my brain hasn't quite woken up yet!

Van2004

Jun 14, 2004
www.loversss.friendpages.com
WeLLLL

dontuseEltour said:
Van ask any of the locals here and they will turn you onto a good place to stay-good places to eat bars to visit and so on. I feel your doing an injustice to yourself and the country you visit if all you do is hold up behind the gated AI's. It's like why go there to begin with.
Remember places in our own countries are closed down every day by the health dept it's just not news worthy.
Take your adventure to a new level and enjoy a great country and it's people,just do as you would at home use common sense.

Well the last 2 times i went to Punta Cana i spent alot of time off the resort in the early evenings late night, so this is the reason why i am asking because if i don't ask how will i know right??? Plus this time it is possible i will be travelling alone :cry: wich i don't mind, but would love to find one or more people going..because the price jacks up a ton when there is just 1 occupancy....and i don't stay behind the gated AI's that is the point of my thread i thought? ahahah anywho anymore advice would be great!

p.s I am not scared to eat the food there, i have eaten it plenty of times