Santo Domingo to Punta Cana

GatorHawk

Feb 28, 2005
SORRY... WRONG FORUM AREA. DELETE POST.
-------

Monday, March 14.... I need to get from La Capital to Punta Cana.

I was hoping CaribeTours might get me there for about RD$200, but their website shows that there are no buses to Punta Cana.

I see PuntaCanaFlights flies for $75 USD, but it gets there at 6pm... I would like to be there by 1pm, the latest. I don't want to pay that much anyway. I'd rather take a bus.

What are my options? What about MetroTours, or Terra?

PS. Any advice on Grand Flamenco Punta Cana resort? I'll be there for two nights.

Last edited:

silke

Sep 15, 2004
the bus-station in santo domingo is at parque enriquillo
there you can take the "Express Bavaro" or a normal bus to Hig?ey and then from Hig?ey the gua-gua to Punta Cana (this ride cost 170 peso)

Jan 9, 2004
S.D. to P.C.

Gatorhawk:

S.D. to P.C. by way of Sitrabapu (sp). It is an Express bus from up on Maximo Gomez near the Courtyard Marriott or from Parque Enriquillo. Cost is or was (January 2005) 210 pesos each way. Stops in La Romana for a 10-15 minute break. Smaller than Caribe or Metro but comfortable. Be forewarned the a/c and the bachata are usually on full blast.

I am familiar with many of the resorts, but unfortunately not the one you have requested.

Respectfully,
playacaribe2

BabyKat1

Mar 5, 2005
How long by ground from Sto.Domingo to Pta.Cana?

Hi guys, I have been researching trips from Sto. Domingo to Punta Cana but haven't found anything suitable to my itineraries (my sister is flying to Sto.Domingo and from there to Pta. Cana). I have read your posts about traveling by bus and I was wondering how long that trip is, and also if there are any other options (taxis? private cars? about how much? how long?). Flypanamerican was a great option but their hours are not what I need. My sister would be arriving in Sto. Domingo at 2.30pm, and then a week later she'd need to be back at the Sto.Domingo airport (from Pta. Cana) at 2.30-3.00 pm. to catch her flight.
Thanks for any info. Kat

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Arrange with driver to drop you off.........

The Bavaro - Santo Domingo Express from Maximo Gomez departs at 7 & 10 am, 2- 4 pm daily. It is a 3-4 hr ride depending on traffic and time of day. You can arrange with the driver to drop you off near on the corner near Plaza Bavaro (( He will stop outside the Bavaro resort entrances that are on this bus route )) Just tell him you are going the the Flamenco, he'll know where to stop. The gate to the Gran Flamenco is a short walk from the corner when you walking in the direction of Plaza Bavaro.

Regards,
PJT