Piergiorgio Palace Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randi

Mar 14, 2004
After a disasterous first visit to Puerto Plata last Easter (due entirely to the stupidity of my friend), I am looking to return, solo this time, for some rest and relaxation. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel in Sosua. The information that I've found thus far seems promising and the price is unbeatable. In doing a search here, I came across two threads, neither current though so I'm wondering if anyone has the scoop on the place now.
Thanks!
Randi

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Randi, I live very close to the Piergiorgio.

It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very attractive. I don't think the hotel is well managed since they seem to have far fewer guests than I would expect them to have, given the number in other hotels in Sosua. I don't know how well the interior systems are maintained.

When you register, be sure you get a room at the left end (as you stand in front facing the building). Recently somebody bought the property between the right end and the sea and constructed a 3-story condominium complex.

harleypower

Mar 25, 2005
Piergiorgio Palace in Sosua - wonderful place

My husband and i stayed there on August 2005. We just loved our stay there. Nice spacious rooms with a wonderful bath with italian ceramic and even phone in the bath.
here you see the website www.piergiorgiohotel.com
The prices are good

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ken said:
Randi, I live very close to the Piergiorgio.

It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are very attractive. I don't think the hotel is well managed since they seem to have far fewer guests than I would expect them to have, given the number in other hotels in Sosua.

Why would this be the fault of hotel mismangement? I've stayed there once for 2 weeks and the management was very good. It could be that a tourist has the option of staying at a much cheaper place. And though the hotel is nice, its' not THAT nice if you can find a decent place in Sosua for half the price.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Berzin said:
I've stayed there once for 2 weeks and the management was very good. It could be that a tourist has the option of staying at a much cheaper place. And though the hotel is nice, its' not THAT nice if you can find a decent place in Sosua for half the price.
The website does not post any rates, do you know how much do they charge for a night?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Berzin said:
Ken said:
Why would this be the fault of hotel mismangement? I've stayed there once for 2 weeks and the management was very good. It could be that a tourist has the option of staying at a much cheaper place. And though the hotel is nice, its' not THAT nice if you can find a decent place in Sosua for half the price.
So you are saying that nobody would stay in a Hilton, if a Red Roof Inn is available. Whatever the cause, whether it be facilities, cleanliness or even price, if occupancy is low, it's the fault of management.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You read my mind "Ed"!
I even tried e_mailing them and never get a response.
A little birdie told me it is over $100 a night to stay there.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I used to have friends stay all the time there. I had a deal with Piergiorgio for $65 a night for an Ocean Front room. Then after quite awhile I went to book a room for a friend and there was a European girl that was the manager. A total nightmare. Piergiorgio said to deal with her. She wanted $140 US for a room.

Save yourself a lot of aggravation and go somewhere else. Also you will pay $20 US for a bowl of overcooked Pasta in the restaurent. It is 500RD add 26& ITBIS which you can bet he never pays and you have a $20 Pasta, and terrible to boot.

I highly recommend the Sosua by the Sea Boutique hotel. I got my friend an Ocean Front Room there for $58 US. You need to tell them you do not want the AI Plan, just the room. Of course you can use all the facilities with this, just no free buffet garbage with it.

The rooms there are very spacious and nice. AC in all. A suite is $87 US. You need to be a local for this price I believe.

harleypower

Mar 25, 2005
Our stay at Piergiorgio Palace Hotel in August

We really enjoyed our stay there.

They have 2 options:
MAP plan: breakfast and dinner in the romantic restaurant with "a' la carte menu". We choosed this option: The food was really good and a nice romantic atmosfere . We payed 140 USD per day with dinner included, a spacious oceanview room and a really friendly staff

AP plan: Room & breackfast. The rate goes from 75 to 100 USD per room, it depends which room and season.

My opinion: the most romantic and nice place if ever been

Status
Not open for further replies.