shipping forwarder Miami

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Hello, I have searched the archives and can't find the answer I'm looking for and am hoping DR1 board can help me.

I am handling the marketing for a very promotionally active hotel in Cabarete. I have 300 lbs of shwag (shirts, banners, hats, etc) to ship to the DR. WE will be doing this about every 1.5-3 months.

1) Can someone refer me to a reputable shipping forwarder in Miami?
2) What kind of customs fees are imposed on textiles?

Thx in advance for any help!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Marina, it would be worth while to go and speak with Angie Woolf at EPS (Sosua Business Services), opposite the Britania Pub in Sosua.

We regularly ship in from forwarders/consolidators in Miami. Sosua Business Services use three shipping forwarders/consolidators who offer different prices and different types of services, depending on weight and how you choose to ship. It gets a little too complex to try and explain it all here. With the quantity that you want to ship, you can look toward US$1.25 per pound. There are minimums.

Over time, we've come to know all three these forwarders and depending what we are shipping, one of them usually can do for us what we need, at a pricepoint that is acceptable. On the DR side, it becomes quite painless as EPS clears everything for us - that is if we do our homework properly up front with commercial invoices and so on.

On the customs and duties side, Angie could give you a very good percentage to budget on. If you need more info from me, I'd be happy to do it on a pm.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sent chu an email

On this subject. This can be done at a reasonable cost.

HB :D:D:D

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
marina said:
I have 300 lbs of shwag (shirts, banners, hats, etc) to ship to the DR. WE will be doing this about every 1.5-3 months.

THe DR is worldwide one of the cheapest countries for producing this things. It will pay off looking into that instead of transport from the US. It woudnt surprise me if some of your promo material comes from here.