Questions to Ask Yourself

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
After reading so much sankie drama, I would like to offer these questions which could perhaps be added to Hillbilly's Golden Rules if you deem them worthy. They may seem repeated from some of the content in other posters' replies, but I think they bear weight. I doubt this will set most of the broken or soon to be broken hearts straight, but having been to the Rep Dom so many times, and seeing so much, perhaps this perspective might help.

1. Would you ?fall in love? in one or two weeks at home, and expect complete devotion and for the other person not to see anyone else so quickly etc.?

2. At home, would you associate with people that are not of a similar background, education level, socio-economic level on a regular basis ?
(By this I mean socially, not at work, volunteering etc.)

3. Would you jump into bed so quickly with someone you just met one or two weeks ago, and expect a long term relationship?
(Yes it CAN happen, but more often NOT. Be able to recognize a flirtation for being just that).

4. Would you be picking up the tab everywhere you and your date went, particularly in the early stages?
Or buy them gifts so quickly, or give them money when asked?

5. At home would you profess or believe it?s true love with someone that you know very little about, including their friends and family? Ask yourself how much you really know about this person.

6. At home wouldn?t you be very wary of someone that professes undying love and devotion within 1 or 2 weeks of their acquaintance?

The first time a guy tried his routine on me (he had asked me to go to a disco-I did) when the drinks arrived he pleaded poor. I said Oh well, I don't have any money either", got up and left. I have gone out with men from DR that would not dream of expecting me to pay, and are not from tourist towns. Ladies-what people here are trying to tell you is right. Open Your Eyes and Realize. Take all that it is, for what it is.

HN

Bonita Morena

Sep 24, 2004
hollywood north said:
After reading so much sankie drama, I would like to offer these questions which could perhaps be added to Hillbilly's Golden Rules if you deem them worthy. They may seem repeated from some of the content in other posters' replies, but I think they bear weight. I doubt this will set most of the broken or soon to be broken hearts straight, but having been to the Rep Dom so many times, and seeing so much, perhaps this perspective might help.

1. Would you ?fall in love? in one or two weeks at home, and expect complete devotion and for the other person not to see anyone else so quickly etc.?

2. At home, would you associate with people that are not of a similar background, education level, socio-economic level on a regular basis ?
(By this I mean socially, not at work, volunteering etc.)

3. Would you jump into bed so quickly with someone you just met one or two weeks ago, and expect a long term relationship?
(Yes it CAN happen, but more often NOT. Be able to recognize a flirtation for being just that).

4. Would you be picking up the tab everywhere you and your date went, particularly in the early stages?
Or buy them gifts so quickly, or give them money when asked?

5. At home would you profess or believe it?s true love with someone that you know very little about, including their friends and family? Ask yourself how much you really know about this person.

6. At home wouldn?t you be very wary of someone that professes undying love and devotion within 1 or 2 weeks of their acquaintance?

The first time a guy tried his routine on me (he had asked me to go to a disco-I did) when the drinks arrived he pleaded poor. I said Oh well, I don't have any money either", got up and left. I have gone out with men from DR that would not dream of expecting me to pay, and are not from tourist towns. Ladies-what people here are trying to tell you is right. Open Your Eyes and Realize. Take all that it is, for what it is.

HN
I agree with most of your questions. If a guy I was potentially dating told me he loved after the first or second date I personally would run for the hills. If he asked me for money right away I would run really fast. I would though maybe buy a cute gift depending on the situation or circumstance. (But I like to give presents). But where I beg to differ would be if were dating exclusively I would expect him to be devoted to me and not date other women. I would and have also dated men from other cultures. (I'm italian and prefer not to date italian men). As for jumping into bed so quickly at home most people wouldn't. I think sleeping with these men so quickly goes with the whole being on vacation, AI atmosphere. The boys and alcohol are everywhere, sometimes things can't be prevented.....