name of a bachettero please?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
name of a bachetero please?

I knew i should have bought the cd when i was down there (just got back tonight....and i am MISERABLE being back home).

Anyhoo. I am looking for a name of a singer....elchabal is what my friend alex wrote down for me...but i cant find anything like that on line. i think its chaval...or something like that.

K'mon lesley...i know you can help me on this one!!!

well...i will write a whole trip report later.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
El Chaval de la Bachata

Jrzyguy,

I hope you had a good trip.

I know the bachatero that you are talking about his name is El Chaval. Very good and very traditional in his style. I own a few albums of his. I am sure the one you are referring to is his latest release called "Devuelveme Todo". This bachatero is barely recognized because he does not attract "the young folk" per se but I have always liked his productions. His 2003 release "Ayer Y Hoy" is his best ever in my opinion. I think that his music is very limited on-line for whatever reason but you can find his music at private Latin cd stores or at Rincon Musical. There are several locations in the greater NYC area. ?Suerte!

-Lesley D-

jrzyguy said:
I knew i should have bought the cd when i was down there (just got back tonight....and i am MISERABLE being back home).

Anyhoo. I am looking for a name of a singer....elchabal is what my friend alex wrote down for me...but i cant find anything like that on line. i think its chaval...or something like that.

K'mon lesley...i know you can help me on this one!!!

well...i will write a whole trip report later.

thanks in advance

Last edited:

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Lesley D said:
Jrzyguy,

I hope you had a good trip.

I know the bachatero that you are talking about his name is El Chaval. Very good and very traditional in his style. I own of few albums of his. I am sure the one you are referring to is his latest release called "Devuelveme Todo". This bachatero is barely recognized because he does not attract "the young folk" per se but I have always liked his productions. His 2003 release "Ayer Y Hoy" is his best ever in my opinion. I think that his music is very limited on-line for whatever reason but you can find his music at private Latin cd stores or at Rincon Musical. There are several locations in the greater NYC area. ?Suerte!

-Lesley D-

I KNEW you would come thru for me lesley!!!! I am Duveluelveme Todo is the song i am thinking of. Interesting that you say that the younger people arent interested in him...cuz one of the photos i am going to submit to the media section is a bunch of young people dancing to that song on the beach.

Oh...and remember the PM's i sent you about that raulin live stuff i found. I heard someone in juan dolio playing it the other day....he says the cd is kida rare...he couldnt find it in NYC...but could only find it in SD...it in "en concert" not en vivo. I wish i had taken another trip into SD.

Oh well...i was just hoping to find some info on el chaval on line....i will look for his cd's here in the city. thanks!

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Jrzyguy,

Glad I can help. Remember tastes differ from area to area. Songs that may go over well in one city may not be so popular in another. This holds true for bachata as well. El Chaval may have some popularity in the DR but I assure you even in the NYC/NJ area he is not as popular as he should be in my opinion. I bought his 2003 release in Miami two years ago and I got into an interesting conversation with the owner of the store because when I had the album in my hand she found it strange that I liked El Chaval because the album did not sell as fast as other bachata albums in Miami at the time. Anyway you should have no problem finding that album in NYC.

-Lesley D-

jrzyguy said:
I KNEW you would come thru for me lesley!!!! I am Duveluelveme Todo is the song i am thinking of. Interesting that you say that the younger people arent interested in him...cuz one of the photos i am going to submit to the media section is a bunch of young people dancing to that song on the beach.

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Not Elvis Martinez

Mr_DR,

Jrzyguy referenced "El Chaval" in his first post but it was spelt incorrectly which is most likely the reason why he could not find anything on-line. As well he sent me a PM confirming that it is "El Chaval' who he was inquiring about.

-Lesley D-

Mr_DR said:
I think that you are talking about Elvis Martinez

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Lesley D said:
Mr_DR,

Jrzyguy referenced "El Chaval" in his first post but it was spelt incorrectly which is most likely the reason why he could not find anything on-line. As well he sent me a PM confirming that it is "El Chaval' who he was inquiring about.

-Lesley D-

Lesley is correct Mr_DR. Tho i do like what i have heard from elvis martinez as well.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Lesley D said:
Mr_DR,

-Lesley D-
I see....
Thank you both.