W/O JetBlue Low Price Opitons?

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
W/O JetBlue Low Price Options?

I'm looking to visit NYC (from SDQ) at the end of this month. What's the lowest cost option anybody knows about? Or has paid recently? JFK would be easier, but I guess I could handle Newark as well. LGA too, but I don't think that any airlines are going there, right? Does anybody know how to get from Newark Airport to NYC, Penn Station via public Transit. Does the PATH train stop at the Airport, or can you tell me which bus and where to get it at the airport? Also, should I maybe just take a bus from SD to Santiago and fly JetBlue from there? Does Caribe tours have a bus to the airport? Convienence/Comfort is not the consideration, it's all about the Benjamin$, And seeing my kids in NY for the weekend. I know I've asked a lot of questions that could be individually researched but this seemed to be the one-stop place, where people may know the answers to all my questions. At least to get me started. Thanks to all who respond.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
One Question Answered

Naufrago said:
Does anybody know how to get from Newark Airport to NYC, Penn Station via public Transit. Does the PATH train stop at the Airport, or can you tell me which bus and where to get it at the airport?

Newark (EWR) has a monorail which connects to the Amtrack trains running into Penn Station (NYC) via Newark.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Greetings,
A quick check for 3/24 - 3/31 of American shows $386 as their cheapest fare to JFK. To Newark is $390 and with a stop in Miami. Continental is $400 to Newark. Running out the door atm but will look a little further later if I can.

No matter if you land at Newark or JFK there is a public transportation way to get into the city that will save you some cashola. Once you know where you are going and later when i have some time I can guide you through that process.

Same days on Jetblue would cost you $280 atm if you are considering that option.

Ian

debajoelsol

Jan 23, 2003
Get yourself to Santiago and fly Jetblue. One way to NY can be as low as $117 taxes included and you fly into the city.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Thanks guys, USAIR seems to have the best deals, with a stop in Ft. Lauderdale, and you say newark has a monrail into Penn? Sounds like a plan thank you everyone for your help!

One more Question, does the mono-rail go straight to Penn, or do I have to transfer to another train?

DAJAO

Aug 8, 2004
Naufrago said:
Thanks guys, USAIR seems to have the best deals, with a stop in Ft. Lauderdale, and you say newark has a monrail into Penn? Sounds like a plan thank you everyone for your help!

One more Question, does the mono-rail go straight to Penn, or do I have to transfer to another train?

The mono-rail has connections with NJ Transit and Antrak, It does not go straight to NYC.