well....

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
http://www.dr1.com/blogs/?u=mainegirl

With my current life situation I am considering a move, and I am blogging about it here on dr1. I am going to be comparing two scenarios with this blog. Hope you enjoy it.

Right now it may seem a little Venezuela-heavy but give me a month and you will get my forthright opinion on the DR.

If you pass by please do leave a comment.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
MaineGirl,

I read the details of your blog and understand that you are contemplating a move currently to Venezuela and possibly later to Puerto Plata.

I am not sure what kind of feedback you are looking for (if any) but....if this is something you want to do and you have weighed the pros and cons you should just move forward, no?

Valencia looks beautiful but Venezuela is not what it used to be economically or politically. Formerly known as "el para?so de Am?rica Latina" that concept is long gone. However, I guess with a secure job etc. it would not have any affect on you.

If you can a little more details would be helpful.

-Lesley D-

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Thanks for checking it out. Really, that is all it is there for--so people can read about Mainegirl. Because, you know, my life is just so interesting :).

The comments thing is just to know if anyone is reading.

This post is sort of like an ad to go check it out. I'll be adding more regularly. I like blogging :) I have several.

If you have a question about a specific entry, please add a comment to that entry and I will answer it there.

And thanks for taking time to check it out.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
MaineGirl,

Thanks for explaining the purpose of your post and you don't have to thank me. Life is an endless learning experience. I appreciate all learning tools. Actually we should thank you for sharing your blog with us.

Valencia does look beautiful, I will have to check on the map and see exactly where it is. So far my knowledge of Venezuela is limited to Polarmar (Margarita Island) which is too small for me but with very warm and friendly people. When I do go again Caracas is my goal.

Anyway I will look forward to reading about your experience in Puerto Plata by then you will have made a decision for sure.

Good luck!

-Lesley D-

PD. Rice and beans is good staple food!