Furniture question

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I am having a house renivated in Boca Chica and will be looking to furnish it probably when I go back in April. I will need everything from stove, refridgerator, beds, tables, chairs, and lamps. I'm sure that I'm missing some items. I want to do this as inexpensively as possible. Also are there any items I would be better off shipping down to the D.R. Thanks for any help.

buseouno

Feb 22, 2005
jruane44 said:
I am having a house renivated in Boca Chica and will be looking to furnish it probably when I go back in April. I will need everything from stove, refridgerator, beds, tables, chairs, and lamps. I'm sure that I'm missing some items. I want to do this as inexpensively as possible. Also are there any items I would be better off shipping down to the D.R. Thanks for any help.

You will probably be better off to buy locally, as most items sold here are made more for the tropical weather, plus no warrantee if brought from outside DR. and very possibly no parts for repairs.
When I furnished my home, I got very good prices on appliances from Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo and they delivered right to my door in LaRomana free of charge.
Good luck, I actually spend a lot of time in Boca Chica, have friends in business there.
Ken

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
buseouno said:
You will probably be better off to buy locally, as most items sold here are made more for the tropical weather, plus no warrantee if brought from outside DR. and very possibly no parts for repairs.
When I furnished my home, I got very good prices on appliances from Plaza Lama in Santo Domingo and they delivered right to my door in LaRomana free of charge.
Good luck, I actually spend a lot of time in Boca Chica, have friends in business there.
Ken
Thanks