Termites - Co?o! Diablo!

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could recommend some type of liquid that could be "painted" onto furniture in order to protect them from termites. If yes, perhaps an indication of where I might be able to purchase some and if known a price indication. Any other suggestions are most welcome.
I was also wondering if you might be able to recommend a reputable exterminator that I might approach for a small job.
Thanks!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Folks in the countryside are usually using gasoil, or old oil...
But you might be more satisfied with that green liquid you can get at your local ferreteria (can't believe I just forget the name of it...)
If you are building furniture from scratch, buy "madera tratada" (treated wood), so you won't need any add-ons...

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Don't let it Bug you!

I use a mixture of wood preservative and stain for exposed wood. The wood preservative (preservativo de madera) is sold under several names with "Carbosota" being one of them. Carey is one of the local manufacturers. You can get it in clear or pale green. The green is the strongest as is contains copper napthanate which gives it the green tint. The darker the better. If you can find the US made Cuprinol brand get it. That is the best I've found for termites, rot, or anything else that attacks wood.