Brilliant News

Dec 9, 2002
I'm soooo excited, my husband has just had confirmation that he has been granted his UK Spouse's Visa, so he can now come to England and we can finally be together. Just got to find a way to get him here now! If anyone has any ideas about which routes/airlines would be best I'd be really grateful. I realise he won't be able to via US.

LOPTKA

Feb 12, 2002
Congratulations to you and your hubby!! It has been a long wait for you. How soon is he going over there? Kathy

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That's fantastic news! Congratulations to you both.

On the question of flights, I think transit via a Schengen country like Holland Spain or France is OK as long as there is no overnight stay involved - but please double-check. The travel agency and airlines should have the up to date info.

Good luck!

Nelly

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'm very happy for you both. Best of luck in your new life together, finally!

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
Congrats to you and your husband!
Best wishes to you both and your future together.

Rosanie

chella

Aug 19, 2004
congratulations to u both!!!! wish u all the best for ur new future together
where abouts in england do u live???
chella

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks guys, I'm still about 4 feet off the floor - God only knows how I will manage to get to sleep this evening. And if my boss is expecting work out of me tomorrow he can think again!!

Kathy - I'm hoping to come over for a couple of weeks at the beginning of April, then we'd like to fly back to UK together - he won't admit it but I think he's scared of flying, he's never been on a plane before, and I wouldn't like to think of him making the journey all on his own. Besides, I need my sunshine!

Chella - I live in Basingstoke which is about 40/50 miles west of London - are you in England?

Dec 9, 2002
Chella - I just checked out your webpage - your little one must have a Dominican dad - he's sooo cute and gorgeous [hope I got it right and he is in fact a boy and not a girl :nervous: ]

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Dominican Babe said:
I'm soooo excited, my husband has just had confirmation that he has been granted his UK Spouse's Visa, so he can now come to England and we can finally be together. Just got to find a way to get him here now! If anyone has any ideas about which routes/airlines would be best I'd be really grateful. I realise he won't be able to via US.
Congratulations DB,
I wish you a very beautiful, happy and long lasting marriage TDDYA.

chella

Aug 19, 2004
hi and thankyou
yep ur right dominican dad and with the long hair bit deciving but hes a boy thank god hes had a haircut..lol

me and daddy are living in manchester a bit far from u guys

congratulations again
chella

Stodgord

Bronze
Nov 19, 2004
Chella,

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly via New York City and going through france or Spain? When I fly to the DR and back I often see a lot of europeans flying from the US.

Dec 9, 2002
Stodgord said:
Chella,

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly via New York City and going through france or Spain? When I fly to the DR and back I often see a lot of europeans flying from the US.
He won't be able to via NYC [or any other US airport] without a US visa. I've been checking this out today, apparently he could apply for a US Non Immigrant Visa - which is really a transit visa - but the waiting time for an interview is 3 months, and there is no guarantee that they will even give it to him anyway! Thanks for the suggestion tho.