Dominican Restaurant and Brisas CLub/bar in TORONTO

QUEchulaLINDA

Mar 8, 2005
Hello,

I am new to this forum :classic: and I am from Toronto. I would like to ask if someone has been to Friendly Dominican restaurant in TO or Las Brisas, if they could tell me what it is like or are they still open. What type of crowd goes there? What are the best days to go? and so on.

Thank you so much. I appriciate all you help and time. GRACIAS :D

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
hello,

First welcome to DR1.
I live in TO as well!
Friendly dominican restaurant is great love the shrimp dish they have, they play great music and people are friendly lol! I always feel like I"m in the DR again when I go there!
Las Brisas is still opened, they have a new promoter on Sundays I hear it's staring to pick up again! You get a mixed crowd all ages from everywhere and my favourite DJ plays hee hee!! He plays all my favourites!
If you have any other questions let me know!

QUEchulaLINDA said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum :classic: and I am from Toronto. I would like to ask if someone has been to Friendly Dominican restaurant in TO or Las Brisas, if they could tell me what it is like or are they still open. What type of crowd goes there? What are the best days to go? and so on.

Thank you so much. I appriciate all you help and time. GRACIAS :D

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Agreed

;)
Music said:
Friendly dominican restaurant is great love the shrimp dish they have, they play great music and people are friendly lol! I always feel like I"m in the DR again when I go there!

I have to agree with that shrimp dish. Makes my mouth water.

any

Mar 12, 2005
restaurant cabarete

well, I always go to hecinkesen to cabarete that is a Germany restaurant.it is small place but they have good food there. but I do not like the Germani people, they are very strangi .I m ' sorry I am dominican I don't speak english very well. good buy. any.,

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Is that restaurant in Toronto?

I was listening to 1610AM Voces Latinas in Toronto and heard an advertisment for a Dominican Restaurant. i know it was not Dominican Friendly but it is also located on St. Clair St. Does anyone know the name of that one??

any said:
well, I always go to hecinkesen to cabarete that is a Germany restaurant.it is small place but they have good food there. but I do not like the Germani people, they are very strangi .I m ' sorry I am dominican I don't speak english very well. good buy. any.,

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Las Brisas

Dear readers,

Las Brisas it's much more than shrimps. Las Brisas is the only restaurant that I know that serves real FONDUES, on the North Coast.

And also I must say, if you like french fries! Wow!

The best french fries ever in the whole Island!!!!

...And don't forget if you like Local Music, Las brisas is the only Bar on the beach that plays Bachata and Merengue, it changes from all the techno and dance bar on the Cabarete beach.

Cheers

Alain

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
Hola Quenchula Linda,

The Dominican Restaurant at 879 St. Clair Ave. West is now serving buffet brunch and dinners on Sunday. Yes, they even have Sancocho, their phone number is 416-656-6501.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
No, not that I know off, no "Presidente". You could phone the number I gave earlier for the restaurant, and see if they are trying/going to try and import it.