Jetsgo ceases operations

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Having travelled on Jetsgo in Oct & Dec......

I'm sure glad I booked this complete trip through Delta! ;)
At least I'm pretty sure of arriving home in April on schedule (unless Delta caves in before then......... :nervous: )

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
If anyone is in this situation I'm in. I booked for a flight in July online through jetsgo no travel agent a few weeks ago. I have tried to reverse the payment with my bank on the visa but they said no. They said we have to fill out a form and they will try to get money to give back to people, ya right!
But I just found out someone who works with my sister was able to get the charges reversed on there visa and they purchased them the same way I did.
So don't give up fight it!!!!

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Music said:
If anyone is in this situation I'm in. I booked for a flight in July online through jetsgo no travel agent a few weeks ago. I have tried to reverse the payment with my bank on the visa but they said no. They said we have to fill out a form and they will try to get money to give back to people, ya right!
But I just found out someone who works with my sister was able to get the charges reversed on there visa and they purchased them the same way I did.
So don't give up fight it!!!!

If you booked online you should be safe and get the charges reversed. In order for the charges to go throught. 1. Your signature must be present(cannot be done online) 2. The actual visa card must be swipped through their point of sale terminal(impossible online). But if you purchased your tickets at the travel agency your chances of getting your money are slim.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thanks! Yes I've been learning a lot about this whole thing this morning. The problem is they already sent the money to jetsgo so that's why they can't reverse the charges or that's what they tell me. I did book online but they are saying the charges can't be reversed?? I've been hearing so many different things and on the news they say mastercard and visa will reverse the charges but when I called they said no? What a pain in the *** and so f***** psssed off sorry just upset! :angry:

stallion said:
If you booked online you should be safe and get the charges reversed. In order for the charges to go throught. 1. Your signature must be present(cannot be done online) 2. The actual visa card must be swipped through their point of sale terminal(impossible online). But if you purchased your tickets at the travel agency your chances of getting your money are slim.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
stallion said:

That's not true. I book my tickets all the time with my visa and never have to sign or have my card swiped. Come to think of it, I purchase many things on-line where I do not provide a signature and they do not have my card so it is never swiped either.

Music, I hate to tell you this but if the money has already gone through there is probably very little you can do. Also, people who have purchased tickets from JetsGo will undoubtedly be at the bottom of the list of creditors (after heavy weights such as the banks holding the mortgage/loans on their aircraft, other lenders, etc.).

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't we have insurance in Canada for this kind of thing?

I have a number for you to call.

1-888-451-8426 or www.tico.on.ca

good luck

OH oh I just read the site and this is what it says

There is no provision under Ontario Regulation 806/93 pursuant to the Travel Industry Act for a consumer to claim on the Compensation Fund when they have purchased air travel directly with the airline.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
great news for a change.....

It looks like I will be getting my money back :classic: I"m felling much better now. VISA cardholders who purchased their ticket online, by phone, or by mail, are protected through the Visa E-Promise. The Visa E-Promise ensures that cardholders who did not receive services as promised can contact their issuer directly to obtain a credit to their account.
Thank you I'm a little happier now but what stress I had this morning!

See below statement by VISA for anyone who's in this situation:

In case you know someone booked on JETSGO

Attention News Editors:
Jetsgo passengers who purchased tickets on their VISA(R) card are protected TORONTO, March 11 /CNW/ - VISA Cardholders who purchased a Jetsgo ticket on their VISA card and are unable to take their scheduled flight due to
Jetsgo's decision to cease operations will be reimbursed. VISA cardholders are
advised to contact their VISA issuer to obtain specific information on how to
receive a refund. VISA cardholders in transit can contact the Visa emergency line at 1-800-847-2911 for emergency travel assistance. VISA cardholders should feel confident that they are protected when theyuse their VISA card to pay for travel. Visa's Member financial institutionswill work with their cardholders to ensure that they are reimbursed if theirscheduled flight is cancelled, and services are not rendered. In addition, VISA cardholders who purchased their ticket online, by phone, or by mail, are protected through the Visa E-Promise. The Visa E-Promise ensures that cardholders who did not receive services as promised can contact their issuer directly to obtain a credit to their account. More details of the Visa E-Promise can be found on www.visa.ca http://www.visa.c about Visa Canada As "The World's Best Way to Pay(R)," VISA(R) is the leading payment brand in the world. Twenty-one thousand financial institutions worldwide rely on Visa's processing system, VisaNet(R), to facilitate almost $3 trillion (USD) in annual transaction volume with virtually 100 per cent reliability. VISA has unsurpassed global acceptance at more than 20 million locations including morethan 840,000 ATMs. Within Canada, 25 Member financial institutions have issued25 million VISA cards, accounting for $122 billion in annual sales volume in 2003. For more information, visit www.visa.ca <http://www.visa.ca.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
That's great news Sonia. Glad you got that settled. Wonder if mastercard offers the same? I couldn't find anything on thier website.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thanks! They might Anna, on citytv news they mentioned both mastercard and visa were giving the money back. If anyone booked on mastercard I would go to there website or call them to verify.

Anna Coniglio said:
That's great news Sonia. Glad you got that settled. Wonder if mastercard offers the same? I couldn't find anything on thier website.