Hoping for success

TeeTee

Mar 13, 2005
I, like most of you, met the love of my life on a trip to the Dominican last August. I was supposed to go to Cuba but due to complications, we ended up in La Romana, (thank God), and there I met the love of my life. I'll keep it brief but I can tell you that though I never before believed in love at first sight, I fell in love the moment I set eyes on this man. He was beautiful from top to bottom, the type of beauty that comes from within and radiates so much so, that his smile lit the already bright and sunny day. I was expecting him to talk to me as do most of the Dominican men when they see a girl but he just smiled and walked right on by. Later I found out that he was the "scuba diving guy" and that he was extremely nice. Something about him made me shy too even though I'm told that I'm very open and outgoing. He's a 24 year old man with a little boy's charm and it's the cutest thing I've ever seen. I didn't want to leave him after our short week together had passed but I was so happy to be in his presence that I didn't even cry when we said our goodbyes, (that happened when I arrived back in Canada).
He called me the day I got back and we've been planning our future since then. I just recently came back from a trip to "my home" as I like to call it and though there's so much poverty and misery everywhere, the plan is that I go to live there in 2 years and a half.
He's the sweetest most respectful man I've ever met. Though we're so different in terms of our background and culture, I feel that I know and understand him so well. And I know he feels the same with me. There's never a dull moment with him. He makes the men here seem so lifeless and without energy. Before I met him, I was so opposed to any sort of relationship with these Carribbean men because they seem so unloyal and all over the place but that's a stereotype that mi amor made me overlook. He's amazing and I could never, ever find someone like him here. Though I miss him like crazy, the moment I hear his voice, I am reminded that for him, I could wait forever.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
After you've put a few years into this relationship I'll move it back to successful relationship thread ;)

Last edited:

TeeTee

Mar 13, 2005
Anna Coniglio said:
After you've put a few years into this relationshion I'll move it back to successful relationship thread ;)

:cry: Heyyy that's not fair! It's been successful for 7 months! But I'll take you up on that. In two years from now I'll be coming back! ;)

project9

May 29, 2004
He called me the day I got back and we've been planning our future since then.

So after just a week of knowing eachother you started planning your future together ... *sigh* good luck.

I gotta move to canada.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
(the plan is that I go to live there in 2 years and a half.

And in the meantime he is going to remain in the DR waiting for you? :tired:

Justintime

Aug 18, 2004
Read Hillbilly's Three Golden Rules!

Sorry to rain on your parade...and, I suppose anything's possible, BUT...
for glory sakes;

1. read Hillbilly's three golden rules for dating a Dominican (which is a sticky on the "Men are from Mars, Women from Venus" forum on this board) BEFORE you post any more replies on this thread OR send him any money
2. do a search on the word 'sankie' on this board...read it all
3. realize that in the eyes of most folks, one week(in person) is not anywhere near enough time to know if you can trust someone, try six months or a year, maybe two. 7 months by phone does not count, and you will find out why when you carry out #1 and #2 above. That little exercise may save you some worse grief down the road.

And to you others may be thinking that Canadians are all naive... this is not a "Canadian" thing, it's quite possibly a lonely person, lack of self esteem, rose coloured glasses thing. :tired:

Cheers

Last edited:

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Hey all you losers - TeeTee has had 7 months of bliss. She's the real winner here. I've recently completed 2 years of a relationship that on paper should be a complete disaster, but I ain't dead yet. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, folks. - D

TeeTee

Mar 13, 2005
Hey you pessimists!!

Seems like a few of you are suffering from the "skepticism disease." Believe me I got that from everyone who hasn't seen us together. But bottomline, I was tired of meeting Canadian men, dating them and getting bored of them after a few dates. Face it, men and women here tend to lack flavour. Maybe it's the cold...
I think it takes person who is married to the right man to understand me when I say that we connect on every level. Doesn't matter if we only spent 2 weeks together, when you have so much in common with someone spiritually, emotionally, etc., that never goes away if you're willing to put work into it.
And the waiting for me for two years and a half? Let's hope so! I have to have faith and for now he's coming to visit me-no I'm not paying if you're wondering ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
You have to understand that we hear hundreds of these stories in a year and they all sound the same after a while.

We, especially me would love to hear a happy ending. That's the reason for the successful story thread.

He's coming to visit is he? You are such a lucky girl. Please let us know when he arrives. Seems that our government doesn't hand out too many visitor's visa in a year.

Do you know all the rules for getting one? Does he?

Some info for you
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/customs/individuals/visitors-e.html

TeeTee

Mar 13, 2005
Thanks for your concern!

Yes, we know about all that. It's going to take some work but hey you reap what you sow.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
TeeTee said:
....and for now he's coming to visit me-no I'm not paying if you're wondering ;)

Even if he has the money to pay to visit the odds of him getting a tourist visa for Canada (and worse if he has to connect via the US) are around nil . Good luck.

Scuba diving guys probably don't have a special category for visas other than "nope, never".

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
He is coming to visit you and he is paying hmmm? I wonder what prefabricated excuse he has ready to cancel the trip. I can't come up with the money or....more likely....someone got sick or..... most likely...I can't get a visa. But then of course he wanted to come so he must love you right?

Sounds like he is playing you like a fiddle. Most be something in the Canadain water.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
project9 said:
He won't need any excuses, no visa no trip.

Yeah, well I am sure he knew that before he told her he would come. Catch my drift.....?

Larry

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que barbaridad!!

I wish you, as I wished every single person that have thought with their "womenhood" or "manhood" while on vacation and have met "the love of their lives", go, marry him, have many "scuba diver" babies and don't forget to invite us to your wedding (yours because you will end up paying for ALL/EVERYHING).

I just hope that, for once, someone would prove us "losers" wrong. Maybe you are "THAT ONE" in a million!.

I just have a tiny weeny question: how come this wonderful and great man was available?. OK, I get it, JUST WATING FOR YOU!.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Scuba diver's excuse...

Larry said:
He is coming to visit you and he is paying hmmm? I wonder what prefabricated excuse he has ready to cancel the trip. I can't come up with the money or....more likely....someone got sick or..... most likely...I can't get a visa. But then of course he wanted to come so he must love you right?

Sounds like he is playing you like a fiddle. Most be something in the Canadain water.

Larry
"I dove in too deep and got the bends. Flying would make the air bubbles expand and kill me "

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Dr Phil....of The Dr

miguel said:
I wish you, as I wished every single person that have thought with their "womenhood" or "manhood" while on vacation and have met "the love of their lives", go, marry him, have many "scuba diver" babies and don't forget to invite us to your wedding (yours because you will end up paying for ALL/EVERYHING).

I just hope that, for once, someone would prove us "losers" wrong. Maybe you are "THAT ONE" in a million!.

I just have a tiny weeny question: how come this wonderful and great man was available?. OK, I get it, JUST WATING FOR YOU!.

NEVER ENDING, BUTT PLENTY OF (TIME ON HIS HANDS TO BASH PEOPLE)YOUR SINGLE ....I'M SURE. :nervous: