*** Forum Rules ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Please keep your thread title/category to the point.

- Best Pork Chops
- Best Small Hotel
- Best Lawyer
- Best Cheap thrill
- Best Kids place
- Best Swimming Pool

Please put the location in the thread title.

- Best Pork Chops in Santiago

ALL first posts should follow the following format:

Name:

ALL follow up posts should relate directly to the category in the thread title. If the thread is about the best place to buy socks in Santiago, don't post about the best coffee you have ever had in Sosua. Off topic posts will be removed.

Your posts should be based on personal experience, not other peoples experience or opinions.

Note:
Anyone found to be spamming their own business will automatically get fictitious very bad review for all to see. Plus anything good that has been said will be removed. Don't say you haven't been warned!

Last edited:

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
May I suggest the title of the thread to be something like...

Best Pork Ribs in Dajabon [city, town, campo] Costillitas Pajarito [business name]

I know it would make a longer title but it would make it more clear for a poster to stick to that business in that place... besides... it would be confusing to have 5 threads with the same title "Best Pork Ribs"...

Just an idea :)

Jess

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
andrea9k said:
May I suggest the title of the thread to be something like...

Best Pork Ribs in Dajabon [city, town, campo] Costillitas Pajarito [business name]

I know it would make a longer title but it would make it more clear for a poster to stick to that business in that place... besides... it would be confusing to have 5 threads with the same title "Best Pork Ribs"...

Just an idea :)

Jess

I agree :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
After some debate, we have changed the rules so that the forum is more category focused.

Now you can post about all the great pork chops places in Santo Domingo, not just the one mentioned by the thread or category starter.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Robert said:
After some debate, we have changed the rules so that the forum is more category focused.

Now you can post about all the great pork chops places in Santo Domingo, not just the one mentioned by the thread or category starter.

Thats better. I have no idea why you wanted to keep it so structured and narrow before.

Larry

gezvinda

Jan 14, 2007
sorry think I may be in the wrong thread - just joined site and am hopelessly lost - am just trying to find out a review for our hotel that we have booked - can anyone help me please?

Thanks so much
Vinda
:)

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Vinda,

Welcome to DR1, your 'everything you want to know about the DR' message board.

If you know which portion of the country your hotel is located then go to that area under travel and in the left hand column of the forums click on that forum. At the page you are directed to you will see in the upper left hand portion a box that says 'start a new thread'. Click on that and you are directed to a page with "Title" at the beginning. Type in the title of the new thread and in the big box below type your questions. When you have finished click 'submit' at the bottom and sit back and you will be notified by e-mail when one of our friendly members answers your post. If you don't know where your hotel is located the post your questions under 'General travel'.

OR

At the very top of the page you are now reading you will see a blue bar going accross your screen. A little right of center you will see "Search". Click on that word and you will have a tab drop down. Type in the name of your hotel and click go. You will be directed to all threads that have that hotel word in them. Then sit back and read up on what others have already said about that which you look for. Good luck.

This thread is now closed.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.