Bahia de Arenas in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPR

Mar 14, 2005
Has anyone stayed or seen Bahia de Arenas complex in Cabarete? We are planning to rent a villa (Villa de Brisas) and were concern about the beach and location. How is the Beach in Bahia de Arenas? I will be traveling with my two kids and would like and area where the water is not that rough.

Thank you :nervous:

Miko

May 23, 2003
will

depend on your kids age. I am at the Nanny Estate (next door) and the shore break can be rough at times in front of us. At least in Cabarete, there is no major undertoe. My son is 15 and just loves it for body surfing, etc. Just walk towards town a bit, waves diminishes as you get closer. You can almost select the size you want. Towards the Wilson House, gets flat.

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
Nice spot

My family and I stayed there last year and had a great time. My children could not get enough of the waves,they were 7 and 9 at the time.We stayed at the Villa Dawn with a pool but spent more time on the beach.The staff at the office are great and will help you with just about everything.You can easily walk down the beach to the resturants in about 15 minutes.The two weeks we were there only once was it to rough for the kids to swim.As already mentioned you can move around the beach and pick the wave size.
Have a great trip.

surfer08

May 10, 2006
Well the place there is nice an all but since it's located right on the beach the houses or "villas" get broken into often. My friend got held up from a dominican hoodlum with a gun..his 2 computers, tv, money, passport, credit cards, and ownership certificate of a piece of land got stolen.

Miko

May 23, 2003
we don't

have that problem next door at the Nanny Estate (knock on wood).
Have a daytime watchman posted beach side (plus all the staff) and it's more open concept. Hard to hide.
Night time, two watchmen rotating beach side and street side

Status
Not open for further replies.