vacation Spanish study

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike775103

Aug 25, 2004
I was in Sosua in December. I was reminded that my Spanish was not what I would like it to be. I can conduct normal tourist business in Spanish; order food, exchange money, cash travelers checks, make a simple hotel reservation, buy goods in the market, etc.. However, I want to be able to hold a conversation.

I am taking Spanish classes one night a week here in Minnesota. Progress is very slow. Breaking out of basic Spanish for tourists is very hard, as this is the focus of almost every adult Spanish class in the US. I was thinking of complementing the weekly class with an intensive two week study course in a latin american country; where I could immediately apply and practice what I am learning. DR has several options that I have been able to find online, both in Santo Domingo and in Sosua.

Does anyone have experience with a DR language school that offers the intensive one or two week courses for people that don't live in DR? Can anyone recommend one, or warn me away from one in particular?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Maybe you can check in Minnesota if they have any language travel agencies, I know where I originally come from they do, and organize travel to study Spanish in Santo Domingo for 8 weeks and for longer.

There is also a few language schools around, I dont know if they have websites. Try www.superpagesdr.com and see in the yellow pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.