Best Cafe Con Leche in Santo Domingo

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Name: Cafeteria Conde
Location: In the middle of El Conde. It's a norrow long place, no air con, only celling fans.
Reason why?:
Made to perfection using their own mix of beans.
You can buy their beans ground for around RD$55/lb.

The downside is that the place can get a little warm on a hot day and if a few people are sitting having coffee.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
How funny!!

Glad to know this info...I love a good cup of 'caf? con leche' in the morning...

One day, during my trip to Nagua, we went to have breakfast and I asked the lady if she had 'caf? con leche' and she replied: Do you want caf? CON leche, or LECHE con caf?? Because I only have a bit of LECHE... :classic:

I said it was fine...she could bring me the caf? and a little bit of milk! It tasted great and that's what counts!!!

Made my day!!! :bandit:

MQ

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
I disagree. As a major coffee drinker, I have tried all the coffee places on the Conde. From one end to the other in search of the perfect cup of joe. PETRUS has best on the Conde, unfortunately.
I was surprised too! In the mornings you cant get a seat at that small coffee bar.
TEHAMA

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In the DR you don't say 'cafe con leche' - you say 'medio pollo'.

It had me stumped the first time I heard this. "You're ordering WHAT at this time of the morning?!' (Chiri, Cafetera del Conde, circa 1999)