Best Doctor(GP) in Santo Domingo

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Cl?nica Dr. Abel Gonz?lez
Dr. Miguel Balbuena M?ndez - M?dico General

His office is behind the clinic on the street behind the parking lot. I don't have the phone number for his office on me but the clinica's main tel. 682-6001.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Why is he the BEST GP Doctor in Santo Domingo? Service quality? price? always on time? never had a problem taking your insurance company? reliable? without this information, it sounds like an ad to me.

Jess

Last edited:

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
lol

Add for a doctor... I guess I'm too Canadian to get the concept of placing an add to market your doctor's prices.

I have insurance from work so, I haven't been to the office in about a year but with insurance I used to pay 50 pesos. Why do I think he's the best around? Because at the UCE they poisonned me, at the Yunen they popped a vain in my hand giving me an injection for a migraine and because even in Canada I have been frustrated by doctors who don't have bedside manner and don't take the time to make sure you understand what exactly is happening in your body that is causing you to feel bad. I saw Dr. Balbuena when I had a pnemonia causing asthma and he explained everything to me, explains the medicines, prescribes the placebo or the name brand in accordance to what you want, he has called me to follow up when I felt bad. I trust him.

Now... if I could only find a dentist...

But you know... if it sounds too much like an "ad" don't go... It'll keep the line shorter at his office.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Hi tiguerita

Thanks for giving more info about your doctor... i would say mine is good enough for me, nothing out of this world tho... thats why i won't bother in recommending him...

To me, the difference between an ad and a "Best whatever" thread is that you back the information you post by sharing your personal experience. And that is what you already did.

Don't let anything in a message board bother you.

Smile.

Jess

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
Placebo

sorry that is me that doesn't know the term for the "no name" brand that is usually made by the brand anyway but just costs less... whatever you call that...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
'generic' is what you meant to say.
- a 'placebo' means a dummy, used in drug trials to compare against the effect of the real drug being tested. Some patients who believe they are taking the real drug will show signs of its effects - hence the 'placebo effect'.

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
Placebo or medecine

More doctors than you van ever imagine would prescribe placebo's .. There are two things you have to understand :If your doctor prescribes placebo ( we will probably give it to you in form of an injection or any other direct form you will never know it ....and secondly you might even feel better ..
As such my father in law who was doctor in Europe used placebo for clients who felt always bad (or tired etc..) in springtime or at certain periods of the year and people felt cured by it ..They even came back each year and asked for the same medecine​
Readytogo said:
Your Doctor prescribes Placebos? Stay far far away

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
tiguerita said:
Now... if I could only find a dentist...

Dr. Octavio Franco, in Edificio Profesional in Lincoln (on the corner with R. Sanchez, next to the PAsta House) is a great dentist. A bit expensive but it s worth it....definitely better than my dutch dentist