Best Surf Spots

mojoman

Mar 15, 2005
Can anybody put up some good info & contacts for surfing...
... decent hotels near surf.....
... particularly in the Puerto Plato/Cabaret area....
... Going to be there at the end of april! ...
... also any golf course ideas?
MUCHO GRACIAS!!!

mojoman

Roberto284

Jul 2, 2004
Best Surfs Spots

Puerto Plata- Encuentro Beach and
Boya Beach (careful with whirlwinds on the water) or known as the beach de la Bomba.

Barahona- Los Patos Beach

Higuey- Macao Beach

Embassy Beach near Hotel Hamaca in Boca Chica ( i dont like it, but try to check it out)

Write me a mail to tell you about more beaches, right know i dont remember hehehe.

Have fun

Robb

andrewpattenden

Feb 18, 2006
In Sto Dgo Youve Got: Guibia On Ave G.washington, And La Playa Manresa Ave G.washington Kilometro 12 By El Muelle (body Boarding) Guayacanes Near Boca Chica. Good Luck And Ask If Your Allowed To Surf There Still

MariposaAzul

Jan 17, 2006
Puerto Plata to Cabarete....that Northern area....

NOT Sosua. Not Cabarete....

Somewhere that there are NO prostitutes OR tourists on the beach, if possible....

:) Thanks! :bunny:

G

gary short

MariposaAzul said:
Puerto Plata to Cabarete....that Northern area....

NOT Sosua. Not Cabarete....

Somewhere that there are NO prostitutes OR tourists on the beach, if possible....

:) Thanks! :bunny:
Punta Rucia is a nice spot, about one hour west of Imbert, Hwy 30. Nice drive all the way. Lots of Dominicans on weekends, up from Santiago. Nobody around on weekdays.

G

gary short

Imbert being a few minutes west of Puerto Plata. So it doesn't fit into your geographical parameters, however it's worth a visit. It sure isn't like Sosua or Cabarete.

jorge_f14

Dec 8, 2005
Best spots

If you are going for first class waves, you can ask locals in cabarete for directions to El Ma?anero. Beautiful rights and lefts with tubes.
And you can take a drive to the town of Rio San juan to Playa La Preciosa (best surf spot in Dominican Republic).

If you are not asking for much, Playa encuentro will do the work.

Regards, and fun!