Cigar info needed

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Help me score points with my new boss, who is headed to Punta Cana this weekend:

He would like to know how much he should expect to pay for good cigars and which are the best. Also, is there a specific place/shop in Punta Cana that he should check out?

TKS.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Where is HB when you need him??

Ask the old guy from West (by God!) Virginia........he knows a little about that stuff :p

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
First........

Jane J. said:
Help me score points with my new boss, who is headed to Punta Cana this weekend:

He would like to know how much he should expect to pay for good cigars and which are the best. Also, is there a specific place/shop in Punta Cana that he should check out?

TKS.
....you need to buy the latest edition of CIGAR AFICIONADO magazine. It will show you an extensive list of great Dominican cigars along with corresponding prices.
He should not purchase anything from the hotel's shops and instead direct him to the many cigar shops in downtown SD.
Dont pay more than the magazines suggested price.PS,Prices are negociable.
Good hunting!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Don Juan said:
....you need to buy the latest edition of CIGAR AFICIONADO magazine. It will show you an extensive list of great Dominican cigars along with corresponding prices.
He should not purchase anything from the hotel's shops and instead direct him to the many cigar shops in downtown SD.
Dont pay more than the magazines suggested price.PS,Prices are negociable.
Good hunting!
Most (if not all) of the Dominican cigars listed in Cigar Aficionado are made for export. If they are available in the DR, they have been re-imported and additional taxes have been paid (if done legally). Generally, you can purchase the more well known brands cheaper in the US.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002

I don't have time to be buying magazines and stuff. And I KNOW that people here know the answers.

If I could just give him a general idea of the cost (I have no idea what good cigars cost in pesos or dollars) and, like, just a couple of names to prove I have some connection with the DR, as it was, after all, on my resum? and sh*t.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Cigars in Punta Cana

If there is a store there called Humo or Fumo, I don't remember, it is the one to go to.
If your boss is going to La Romana, there is a huge, really huge store on the road out of town, before you hit the highway, and just after you cross the tracks.
It has all of the Diominican cigars you'd want.

At the Marina and at Altos de Chavon there are Fumo cigar stores.

Prices are much lower than in Canada, but they are expensive. Prices on the Cuban cigars are reasonable.(And they carry real ones, not fakes)

I think that theeare a couple of decent stores out that way, but I have not personally checked them out.

Expect to pay $70 and up for a box of cigars.

HB :D:D

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Fuentes Flor Fina 858

Jane J. said:

TKS.
The Fuentes Flor Fina 858 is IMHO the best cigar around. You can expect to pay U.S 120 for a box of 25.

Regards

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
gringito said:
The Fuentes Flor Fina 858 is IMHO the best cigar around. You can expect to pay U.S 120 for a box of 25.

Regards
That's a great price for that cigar!