Best Pizza in Cabarete

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Name: Pomadoro
Reason why?: Simply the best pie I've had in many years. Note: I can walk to Solo Mio - their pizza is excellent but IMO not as good as Pomadoro's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Yep............

Totally agree. The pizza is great and the hot sauce is just amazing!! :lick:

Cdn Girl

Oct 21, 2004
mmm pizza

The best pizza I had in Cabarete was at the German restaurant across from SanSouci Plaza.... not sure of the name but boy was it good!

Sunnidae

Feb 18, 2005
agreed

Il pomoporo is just the best. It's owned by an italian guy, and the food is super fresh and authentic. SO good!

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
where is it located ?
From BHD Bank, just follow the little alley way toward the beach. Pomadoros is the last shop on the left as you get to the beach. I agree, two thumbs up to their pizza and spiced oil.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Pomadoro is the best... Casanova isn't bad and their pizza/pasta and beer are all half price from 5-7 pm and 8-10 pm. The German pizza place is called HexenKessel...not bad either, but nothing like Italian pizza...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Pomadoro is No. 2 for me. No. 1 in Cabarete is Pizza Via across from Janet?s Supermarket at the end of town. Wood burning oven and one crazy Italian cooking the pizza from Venezia. Also half the price. Crispy and thin, the way you get it in Italy. But Pomadero is very good also.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I'm going to mention two that perhaps don't even sell pizza any longer...

I always liked Lax's diablo (spicy) pizza - are they still serving pizza? They had a reasonable menu for a long time, then screwed it up by changing their offerings earlier this year.

Cabarete Blue (on the main street, downstairs immediately east of Villa Taina) had consistently good pizza for about RD$180 for a large pie. They were closed when I was in town a month or so ago. Don't know if just due to slow season or if they're gone for good.

I have to try Pomodoro again. I've heard nothing but good things here and elsewhere, but thought it was horrible earlier this year. That one day was enough to keep me from going back. I stopped there for lunch - perhaps it was the regular chef's day off. Soggy crust, runny sauce, and what I considered to be rather bland cheese.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
The only pizza that we had in Cabarate was at the place across the street from Josie O'Shays. The kids said that it was pretty good. I'm not even sure of the name of the place . Next time we go we will have to try the other places in Cabarete.

rasta

May 13, 2006
pizza via is definitely my favorite pizza in cabarete! there is this cool italian guy working there and you can watch him make your pizza in a real brick oven. plus the pizza is soooo good and cheap! thats where i go when i crave pizza :)

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Pomadoro is #1 right up there with Lombardi's in NYC ! Pomadoros has better view & great jazz too!

Pomadoro is No. 2 for me. No. 1 in Cabarete is Pizza Via across from Janet?s Supermarket at the end of town. Wood burning oven and one crazy Italian cooking the pizza from Venezia. Also half the price. Crispy and thin, the way you get it in Italy. But Pomadero is very good also.

I love the crazy guy across from Janets Super market, The pizza is good but I go just to watch that nut run around.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I went to Pizza Via last night... it was EXCELLENT...superthin crust, great sauce, and served with an awesome hot oil and also hot garlic paste for dippin...at about half the price of Pomodoro...

Only downside, they are open from 6:30 to about 10:30...

And the free show from the owner makes the experience even better! LOL

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
pomodorro is the best tasting pizza
pizza via is the best price
hexnkestle is the best late night pizza (instead of a pork sandwitch)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Okay, I'm going to buck the trend here again.

Against my better judgement, but based on everyone's opinion here of Pomodoro, I gave it another try a couple of weeks ago.

I'd still rate it 'edible' at best. If that's the only pizza I could find - I wouldn't eat pizza in Cabarete or anywhere else. The crust was limp and soggy, the tomato sauce was bland and runny, and the pizza was overall tasteless.

Lax's pizzas while not the traditional round shape are a lot better. Try their diablo if you like your pizza spicy. I've never been disappointed with their take on pizza.