Best Cabana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOLFGUY

Oct 25, 2004
Let's see who the real men are: Best Cabana in Santiago - Helios. Best Cabana in Northcoast - Cabanas Nueva York.

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
Best Cabana: Ambis III*
Why: because it is so much fun to watch the movement of traffic from Ambis I and II to take a right then another right.

*= If you have not heard of it ask someone who frequents Ambis where it is

borruga

Aug 26, 2004
you can't be serious

Danny W said:
What is a cabana?
I'm no type of expert on the DR but it didn't take me very long to figure this one out.

caba?a = motel/hotel usually but not exclusively used for your extra- and pre-marital affairs. Every once in a while "married" couples will treat themselves to a night at the caba?a to get away from all the kids in the house and finally have some privacy. They range from really sleazy to kind of wanna-be-luxurious, and can be found throughout the entire country and other parts of latin america.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Borruga....

...you're absolutely right!!!

I'm surprised more people have not posted on this thread...come on, people...we know you've been to a caba?a or two sometime in one of your stays in DR...'fess up!!! :bandit:

I have to agree with Nueva York in the Northcoast...although Burbujas de Amor is not bad either!!!

How about the ones on San Isidro in Sto. Dgo? I love the names: LA OFICINA, LA COMPA?IA, ETC. This last one is pretty good...I'll have to try another one on my next trip...not that we need one, but it's nice to get away from it all for one night!!!

Is that too explicit coming from Miami Nice? I hope I don't offend anyone!!! :lick:

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
No wonder you like them both...

they are the same place! The cabanas formerly known as Nueva York, located West of Puerto Plata near Cofresi, were sold to new management and renamed Burbujas de Amor about 2 years ago.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Musicqueen said:
Two different trips...nighttime...didn't even notice!!! :bandit:

MQ

Could be you had your mind on something else. :classic:

IMHO these cabanas are opulant in a classier way than some I have seen. Not so garish. I agree they are really nice.

Last edited:

CanadianCutie22

Jun 1, 2002
Can't remember the name of it (or even the location for that matter! lol)but it was one of those drive in ones, with the garage thingys.. with big jacuzzi tub in the room.. he he Someone help me out here..

Worst would be Mountainview.. the entire time I was thinkin to myself what am I doin here! lol the company was enjoyable though. :surprised

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Who cares!!!!

Who are we kidding!!. When we get the "urge", any cabana would do. It does not matter how nice, good or price.

I learned this the hard way a few years back:

Heading home from Boca Chica with my then g/f, I got the "urge". I phone home hoping for my brother (who was on vacation also) not to be home. He was!!.

Headed to San Isidro and guess what happened?, THEY WERE ALL OCCUPIED. All of them. I drove in circle for about 2 hours and the ones that I rejected at the beginning started to look "pretty good" but by now, the were also occupied. Then I started thinking that even a "letrina" would do. But like a real man with "needs", I hung/drove around and I finally got one that was crappy but at the time, was better than any penthouse from the Trump Towers!!!! :tired:

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Hotel Olympo

The Hotel Olympo in La Roamana has hot water, clean sheets and a great room rate.

Chuckuindy

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
chuckuindy said:
The Hotel Olympo in La Roamana has hot water, clean sheets and a great room rate.

Chuckuindy

Yes it does, but it is a hotel, it has nothing of the exotic kitch and atmosphere of a caba?a.
Bartolomeo

Status
Not open for further replies.