Best Idea

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Robert,

This concept may be one of the best ideas you have had in quite a while but it seems to me that everyone wants to debate the "best" of each category. If I think that Punto y Corcho makes the best vodka martini in Santo Domingo but you think someplace else in SD makes a better one, as long as we each say the address of the place and why we think it qualifies for "best" category, why can't we debate what and who is the best. Anyone interested in the category will have the benefit of different perspectives in each category from the replies, won't they? Your board and your call but I just wanted to bring it up because I think it is such a cool forum.

Regards

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
Great idea

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUT it will be closed because it does not adhere to the guidelines set forth previously by "TRUJILLO del INTERNET".

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Not Really

Lechero said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUT it will be closed because it does not adhere to the guidelines set forth previously by "TRUJILLO del INTERNET".

I would never presume to know Robert better than you but I have met him and find him to be a very astute, intelligent and thoughtful person who is genuine about growing this community. I was just raising the issue because it seems to me that this forum is attractive to many people but I think we want to debate the "bests" of each category and I am wondering if there is a way for Robert and the posters to each achieve our agendas.

Regards

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
gringito said:
Robert,

This concept may be one of the best ideas you have had in quite a while but it seems to me that everyone wants to debate the "best" of each category. If I think that Punto y Corcho makes the best vodka martini in Santo Domingo but you think someplace else in SD makes a better one, as long as we each say the address of the place and why we think it qualifies for "best" category, why can't we debate what and who is the best. Anyone interested in the category will have the benefit of different perspectives in each category from the replies, won't they? Your board and your call but I just wanted to bring it up because I think it is such a cool forum.

Regards

It would be wonderful if people could do exactly as you described.
But unfortunately that's not the reality of message boards.

The problem is all the noise that people generate, this thread is a perfect example.
The first post was great, the second was that of a living brain donor.

The forum is less than a week old, so still finding it's feet.
I'm sure it will evolve over time and look different in 6 months.

Let's see, it's in YOUR hands. At the end of the day it's up to the community to guide the future of the forum.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!!!!

Lechero said:
Out of line, big time!!.

Trust me, you don't have to like the guy but at least respect his site a little. Just a little!.

Last edited:

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
This website has is been an invaluable resource in my travels throughout the Dominican Republic. I have made several wonderful friends through DR1 both personally and electronically. I fully understand the level of difficulty keeping a message board of 10K plus members "under control". Perhaps my reference to Trujillo was a bit harsh and uncalled for.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
as Rodney said...

Lechero said:
This website has is been an invaluable resource in my travels throughout the Dominican Republic. I have made several wonderful friends through DR1 both personally and electronically. I fully understand the level of difficulty keeping a message board of 10K plus members "under control". Perhaps my reference to Trujillo was a bit harsh and uncalled for.

Why can't we all just get along?

beachcomber

Oct 15, 2003
Robert said:
It would be wonderful if people could do exactly as you described.
But unfortunately that's not the reality of message boards.

The problem is all the noise that people generate, this thread is a perfect example.
The first post was great, the second was that of a living brain donor.

The forum is less than a week old, so still finding it's feet.
I'm sure it will evolve over time and look different in 6 months.

Let's see, it's in YOUR hands. At the end of the day it's up to the community to guide the future of the forum.
succinctly put fellow Brit