How about a 'Worst' category?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It would be great, but...

It's DR1 that has to deal with the law suits and the threats, that's the problem.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Added by Robert: We are talking about a new forum, not what you think is bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
"Worst Of"??? Hm... Personally, I am not too happy about such a forum. I think there is plenty of "Worst Of" already on dr1.

To have a forum that specifically invites vitriolic acidity could get totally out of hand.

Also, "worst of" can be a very, very personal opinion and be based on isolated experiences that may not at all reflect the overall nature of an establishment, service or whatever it is.

Bad news have a natural tendency to travel fast and by it's own "negative" energy. No need to focus in a special forum. Good news on the other hand are not so often spread around, so that is why I like the "Best Of" forum.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
'Worst of' probably tells you more about the poster........which could be exceptionally entertaining in a masochistic sort of way, but really, who has the time?
And it is very personal......I can think of one poster, or rather ex-poster as we don't seem to have heard from him since last August, who would probably come on & tell you MrMike's establishment fitted into that category......whereas the rest of us know that is simply not true, quite the reverse in fact. Capische, MrMike? ;)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Contra!!!

Rocky said:
Judging by the reactions, maybe we could nominate this thread for "worst suggestion"?
No offense meant, Conchman, just trying to stretch it out.
I swear, I was thinking the same thing, no offense Conchman!.

Have you guys ever heard the saying, from that old prophet, Miguel: "one man's paradise can be another man's hell"?. Or the saying that that old, old prophet, Asscott: "opinions are like axx holes, EVERYBODY has one". Lol.

Jun 5, 2004
I Think that this would be great because people will not know where not to go. They are many good places in the Dominican rerpublic but we do have to admit that thy are some bad ones and those are the ones that we have to keep away from. I dont think this will cause any trouble to DR1 because people have freedom of speech dont they?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
apdomini100max said:
I Think that this would be great because people will not know where not to go. They are many good places in the Dominican rerpublic but we do have to admit that thy are some bad ones and those are the ones that we have to keep away from. I dont think this will cause any trouble to DR1 because people have freedom of speech dont they?
I believe that the owners of DR1 would be liable for slander, if any occured.
In theory, I agree with you, that I would like to know who the scam artists are, the restaurants that poisoin you, etc, but we do have a network of DR1 members/friends, who look out for each other, and if a member needs info, it can be done in private by PM.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Also!

Rocky said:
I believe that the owners of DR1 would be liable for slander, if any occured.
In theory, I agree with you, that I would like to know who the scam artists are, the restaurants that poisoin you, etc, but we do have a network of DR1 members/friends, who look out for each other, and if a member needs info, it can be done in private by PM.
You are absolutely right.

Like I said before, just because I don't like a place, that does not necessarily means that "Joe Smith" would not like it.

For instance, I started a thread about the Best Empanadas that I have ever had and a member PM'ed me a few months after, telling me that I was full of crap because the Best Empanadas that HE had ever had was in a place in San Cristobal.

I will say this, whatever is posted here about being "Best", I take it like a grain of salt. I will be the judge of it after I have a taste of what he/she described as "Best?.

Rockys' ribs are supposed to be the greatest ribs and I have no doubts that they are(how can so many members be wrong?), but I will only find out if they are AFTER I have a taste of it/them. I am long overdue to visit my home in Cabarete and maybe, when I visit La Romana with Louisa on April, I will have me some of them "ribbies".

With all fairness, instead if "The Best", it should be "The Best According To.."