Best Tailor In SD

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
Name: La Coruna
Reason why?:
Don Santiago will make you the best suit in the country with the best fabrics from England or Italy. His suits will stand up anywhere in the world in front of the very best.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnB

Sep 23, 2004
gringito said:
La Coruna
804 Winston Churchill Ave

Don Santiago will make you the best suit in the country with the best fabrics from England or Italy. His suits will stand up anywhere in the world in front of the very best.

Regards

What's the cost and how long does he take to make the suit?

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
One Week

JohnB said:
What's the cost and how long does he take to make the suit?

He requires three fittings which takes around a week. The cost is $1,000 but it would cost $4000 in the States for the same suit and fabric.

Regards

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Isn't this the tailor who made the suit for Hippo that caused so much mirth a year or so ago?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
gringito said:
Name: La Coruna
Reason why?:

Regards

I cant believe that guy's still around, he made a couple of suits for my dad when he came the first time in 1971. He made my first suit in 1983 and among other VIPs and famous clients He also made ocassional suites for 'El Doctor'.

gringito

Feb 21, 2005
And not just around...

samiam said:
I cant believe that guy's still around, he made a couple of suits for my dad when he came the first time in 1971. He made my first suit in 1983 and among other VIPs and famous clients He also made ocassional suites for 'El Doctor'.

I think he is 74 now and still as steady as ever. He still goes to the shop everyday. He has a couple of assistants now but still does the work himself for special clients.

Regards

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Isn't this the tailor who made the suit for Hippo that caused so much mirth a year or so ago?

When has "mirth" become a bad thing? Someone has to take the pie to keep the party going. Not to get on topic, but the handful of tailor made suits I've had in my life, have all become my favorites and they last forever.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Only one way to find out - go there. He was 74 years old 10+ years ago, let us know.

I called for fun and curiosity.. thankfully he picked up and said that he is still making custom suits and to come in anytime!!! 84 and working his arse off.. I hope I can make it there!

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
DR has many very interesting people aged 60 or over. Some of them are legends. I never wear suits, but this thread made me so curious so I already want to spend $1000 for one just to meet the legendary tailor.