Best mexican food in Santo Domingo

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Name: Los Huaraches
Reason why: Probably a matter of taste, for me by far the best mexican food of the capital, and very reasonable prices. For under 300 pesos I can eat there with my wife and I have more than enough.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
My sons' favorite restaurant is Rey Tacos on Sarasota, almost corner Winston Churchill, in front of Plaza Universitaria and next door to DHL.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
dont remember name but

CaribbeanGeorge said:
Since I am mexican, and I know about my food, I'll recommend Taco Banano, real Mexico.

don't remember the name but its in Plaza Dorado, just off Churchill, behind plaza Central.

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
NV_ said:
Where is Taco Banano located?
Its in Piantini/Paraiso, the name of the street, is something Inchaustegui, its one or two parallel to Jose Amado Soler.

kingofdice

Jan 16, 2002
On my first 3 visits to S.D. in 2000, I always ate at Rey's Tacos, corner of Sarasota and Winston Churchill. The quacomole and tacos were absolutely delicious.

Formosano2000

Mar 5, 2003
Closed

kingofdice said:
On my first 3 visits to S.D. in 2000, I always ate at Rey's Tacos, corner of Sarasota and Winston Churchill. The quacomole and tacos were absolutely delicious.

That place has long gone, replaced by a hip modern liquor megastore (Bukkus) that sells wine/spirits/accessorries. Always packed by "jevitos" on weekend nights.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Formosano, last time I looked Rey Tacos was still there. It's Pollos Rey next door that closed down and is now a liquor store.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
bienamor said:
don't remember the name but its in Plaza Dorado, just off Churchill, behind plaza Central.

You mean Tequila Jones. Yes, they were good, a bit on the expensive side for Tex Mex food. Not sure they are still in business. Will check next time in the area.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
samiam said:
Its in Piantini/Paraiso, the name of the street, is something Inchaustegui, its one or two parallel to Jose Amado Soler.

Same street that St. Michael's school is on. Enter via Abraham Lincoln at Katia lingerie store and Samurai restaurant. Taco Banano is two blocks from where that street runs into Arcadas. You can't miss it. On the south side of the street.