Looking for hotel in Santo Domingo

jmlewis2

Mar 23, 2005
My wife and I are headed to the DR in late June. We will be flying into Santo Domingo, but staying most of the trip in Puerto Plata. Due to how late the flight arrives, we will need to stay 1 night in S.D. and need some hotel suggestions. It doesn't need to be fancy, just clean and safe. I don't want to spend more than $50/night, and would prefer $25-30. I'd like to have something near the airport or Caribe Tours. Does anyone have any recommendations? Late night check-in (around 11:00 pm) will be necessary. Is that ever a problem down there?

Thanks

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
jmlewis2 said:
My wife and I are headed to the DR in late June. We will be flying into Santo Domingo, but staying most of the trip in Puerto Plata. Due to how late the flight arrives, we will need to stay 1 night in S.D. and need some hotel suggestions. It doesn't need to be fancy, just clean and safe. I don't want to spend more than $50/night, and would prefer $25-30. I'd like to have something near the airport or Caribe Tours. Does anyone have any recommendations? Late night check-in (around 11:00 pm) will be necessary. Is that ever a problem down there?

Thanks

Boca Chica is actually closer to the airport than Santo Domingo, and has more low-cost hotel options. You will have a longer ride to the bus station in the morning however. Under 50 is tough in SD. Hotel Metur would be one place, and it has gotten good reports as basic, clean, with friendly management.