December... Duties?

J

JenNY

I remember last year, or the year before a talk about going in December, because you don't have to pay anything for gifts you bring in? Is this true? I don't remember exactly cause it didn't affect me, but I'm wondering about this Christmas.. We are going in December, and have MANY gifts can we wrap them and will be expected to pay for them? TWICE?

Thanks Jenny

D

DR One

If you are talking about coming in December you should get your tickets as soon as possible. If none are available, check with the airlines as they may be adding new sections based on demand. The tax exemption will be granted this year as it has become a Dominican tradition. If you wrap them up, you take the risk of having them unwrapped. You would be best off bringing the paper to wrap them in the DR. Check the November and December news editions for the brief when we mentioned what the exemptions were. They will probably be repeated this year.

J

JenNY

Thank you! I already have tickets, so we are definately coming. Tickets in hand.. Spent a fortune, but yes we will be there for Christmas and New Years :)

Thanks for your help! Jenny