What is the best room @ Gran Ventana?

Devin

Mar 24, 2005
Hi, will be there is two weeks. Been to DR 4 times (2 Punta Cana-2 PP) Love it!
Stayed at Riu Mambo and the Iberostart Costa Dorado.
They were a bit newer propoerties at the time-but Gran Ventana is a bit older. Just concerned on how the up keep is. & which building faces the ocean? Want to request a good room.
Thanks for any advise.

Dec 9, 2002
After the Riu and Iberostar, I think you will probably be disappointed with Gran Ventana. I have been staying there for the last 7 years or so, and the rooms have had nothing done to them in all that time. There's nothing special about them, they are OK, but could definitely do with revamping now. I always stay there though, because I like it, I know what I'm getting, and I have many friends there. Plus, I can't afford the Iberostar or the Riu :cry:

Not very many of the rooms actually have a very good sea view, but if you email them and request one you might get lucky. Email address is granventana@victoriahoteles.com.do

Devin

Mar 24, 2005
Gran Ventana

Dominican Babe said:
After the Riu and Iberostar, I think you will probably be disappointed with Gran Ventana. I have been staying there for the last 7 years or so, and the rooms have had nothing done to them in all that time. There's nothing special about them, they are OK, but could definitely do with revamping now. I always stay there though, because I like it, I know what I'm getting, and I have many friends there. Plus, I can't afford the Iberostar or the Riu :cry:

Not very many of the rooms actually have a very good sea view, but if you email them and request one you might get lucky. Email address is granventana@victoriahoteles.com.do

Thanks for your reply. We just booked this trip yesterday to Gran Ventana and from what was available through the tour operators at a good rate, this place had the best reviews, that is why we booked. I will email them-take care~

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
I agree, I think you will like Gran Ventana.
The main building have rooms towards the backyard and poolside.
Same with the annex building.
There is alltogether 2 pools, one with bar in.
Several bars, grill by the beach, buffet, a la carte, dominican restaurant and more. There is a playroom with pool table etc and the crew is nice and helpful.
The rooms are, as you were told already, not very up-to-date if you compare with the very new hotels, but they are completely fine.
You have comfortable beds, bathroom, cabletv, aircon, balcony etc etc.

Enjoy your holiday to the most! ;)

Rachael

Feb 8, 2002
Last March we stayed at the Riu Bachata and then stayed at Gran Ventana for the 3rd time last September. I prefer the Gran Ventana to the Riu property for location and access. I do not think you will be dissappointed. You will have a great time regardless.

Devin

Mar 24, 2005
Gran Ventana

Hi, that you to all who replied.
Are there hair dryers in the rooms? Just want to save some room in my suitcase...