Condensing the Book of Condo Rules

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fabio,

In 2003 you gave us very helpful information on how to number additions and changes to the Condo Rules. We have used this info in our condo for modifications made in 2003 and again this year. Now we have shown that rules that were eliminated were abrogated by resolution at a condominium meeting and we have an addition that is numbered 22-bis since no more numbers were available in that section.

But now we are thinking that our rules could be condensed quite a bit by getting rid of the duplications. For example, there are 3 different articles that state that to revise a rule requires 3/4 of the votes of the unit owners and a simple majority of them.

However, if we follow the instructions you gave in 2003, we will end up with a lot of abrogated articles and a lot of XX-bis and XX-ter. Is it possible to completely rewrite a set of Rules to replace the existing Rules or no vale la pena due to laws and other legal requirements?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
You can certainly adopt a whole new set of regulations for the condo with new numbering, etc. The special majority required for this is no different from the special majority required to change any one article in the rules.

dollymaheral

Apr 6, 2006
can you please tell me if there is new condo laws since 1958 and if so how do I get them in English. thank you Dolly

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dollymaheral said:
can you please tell me if there is new condo laws since 1958 and if so how do I get them in English. thank you Dolly

No change in the condo law. If you want a copy of the 1958 law, I can give you the link.