Looking for a buddy in Sosua

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
I had mentioned in a previous thread that the wife and I were coming to the DR on March 30. I would like to find a Dominican buddy that I chummed around with about 4 years ago. His name is Roberto and used to play some baseball. I can't recall his last name and I know that this describes probably a quarter of the male population in Sosua. He's a big guy(by North American standards) who can speak English fairly well and he was driving a fairly decent Toyota back in 2001. I met him at the Brittania Pub where I was introduced to him by Barb & Lyndon. Roberto also got a roast pig for me to celebrate my birthday with at the Brittania Pub and helped me out with a few things when I was last in Sosua in April 2001. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could get me his phone number so that I could get in touch with him. My name is Peter and Roberto would remember me as the crazy Canadian ex-policeman.

On a separate note, I was sad to learn yesterday that one of the most unique characters that I met in Sosua, Johnny Honda, had died almost two years ago. I'll have to have a drink in his memory at the Brittania Pub when we get down there.

Roberto also introduced me to Johnny Honda and a few other ex-pats.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I believe that I know who you are talking about.
The last time I saw him he was working either at PJ's or La Roca.
As they are accross the street from each other, I am not sure which one he was, and may still be working in.
He will not be difficult to find when you arrive.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Rocky said:
I believe that I know who you are talking about.
The last time I saw him he was working either at PJ's or La Roca.
As they are accross the street from each other, I am not sure which one he was, and may still be working in.
He will not be difficult to find when you arrive.

I do not know this Roberto guy but I know where he gets those great roasted pigs from. If he is still around, the family that runs the pig roast business will know him. Go past Charamicos and down into Sosua Abajo and ask where the pig roaster is, it is on the left hand side heading out of town.

Another brother in blue

Last edited:

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
I do not know this Roberto guy but I know where he gets those great roasted pigs from. If he is still around the family that runs the pig roast business will know him. Go past Charamicos and down into Sosua Abajo and ask where the pig roaster is, it is on the left hand side heading out of town.

Another brother in blue
scottie from westchester?

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
paddy said:
scottie from westchester?[/QUOTE

That's me! Who want's to know? Please continue in Private messages because there are a lot of "washwomen" lurking with nothing better to do but get into people's business.

Happy Easter!

Last edited:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Easy Money you may want to check with Lindo (the daytime bartender at Britannia - and not the owner whose name is Linden) because his cousin's name is Roberto and he hangs out at the Britannia Pub all the time. He speaks English really well and he actually used to live in Canada for a few years. He is about 6'1 and a fairly heavyset set guy for Dominican standards.

Easy Money

Mar 23, 2005
That's my buddy

Fiesta Mama said:
Easy Money you may want to check with Lindo (the daytime bartender at Britannia - and not the owner whose name is Linden) because his cousin's name is Roberto and he hangs out at the Britannia Pub all the time. He speaks English really well and he actually used to live in Canada for a few years. He is about 6'1 and a fairly heavyset set guy for Dominican standards.

Right on the money, FM; I forgot that Lindo was his cousin. Is there any way of calling him? He took me to the airport last time that I was there and I wanted to know if he could come to pick us up if he's not working on the morning of March 30. Tell him I'll fill his tank with gas and I want him to get me another roast pig sometime in the two weeks that we are in Sosua.

Thank you DR1. . .this forum has been an invaluable aid to me finding information.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
DominicanScotty said:
paddy said:
scottie from westchester?[/QUOTE

That's me! Who want's to know? Please continue in Private messages because there are a lot of "washwomen" lurking with nothing better to do but get into people's business.

Happy Easter!
Buddy, DS, what's a "washwomen"?, ;) . Pls tell me that it has nothing to do with me!!!. Oh the insanity!! :eek:

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Easy Money said:
Right on the money, FM; I forgot that Lindo was his cousin. Is there any way of calling him? He took me to the airport last time that I was there and I wanted to know if he could come to pick us up if he's not working on the morning of March 30. Tell him I'll fill his tank with gas and I want him to get me another roast pig sometime in the two weeks that we are in Sosua.

Thank you DR1. . .this forum has been an invaluable aid to me finding information.

I sent you a PM.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Phone number for Britannia Pub

Easy Money, I think this is the number for the Britannia Pub in Sosua - (809) 571-1959. If you call around 4:30 you might even catch Roberto there as Linden finishes at 5:00 and Roberto is often waiting for him! Good luck!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Nahhhhh

miguel said:
Buddy, DS, what's a "washwomen"?, ;) . Pls tell me that it has nothing to do with me!!!. Oh the insanity!! :eek:

Greetings Miguel,

Never had the pleasure of meeting you. Never had a problem with you either. Did we? I don't believe so. No you are not a washwoman in my eyes. Your posts are not pissing alot of people off right now as far as I know.

I do not bully people or get into people's business unless they wish to play with me. Never walked away from a problem and don't plan to. I would rather have a nice drink with people rather then the other but as you probably know, this isn't always the case.

I live in Sosua and NY and I am there (DR) every month for business! I just love the people (they know who they are) that love to start trouble. Nah, you are alright with me and as far as I know (via the numerous PMs I am getting from many others) you are alright with everyone else on this board. You are not one of the "washwomen". I don't understand why you think it did! Hope this clears things up!

"DS"? Doesn't mean what I think it means here in NY does it? Pls tell me this is not so!!!!!!

Happy Easter!

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
I know!

DominicanScotty said:
Miguel,

Never had the pleasure of meeting you. never had a problem with you either. Did we? I don't believe so. No you are not a washwoman in my eyes. Your posts are not pissing alot of people off right now as far as I know.
I do not bully people or get into people's business unless they wish to play with me. I live in Sosua and NY and I am there (DR) every month for business! I just love the people (they know who they are) that love to start trouble. Nah, you are alright with me and as far as I know (via the numerous PMs I am getting from many others) everyone else on this board. You are not one of the "washwomen".

"DS" doesn't mean what I think it means here in NY does it?

Happy Easter!
I was just kidding. I know what a "washwomen" is and I DO KNOW exactly who you are talking about!.

Take care and Happy Easter to you too!!. Again, oh the insanity!!!!!.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
miguel said:
I was just kidding. I know what a "washwomen" is and I DO KNOW exactly who you are talking about!.

Take care and Happy Easter to you too!!. Again, oh the insanity!!!!!.

Miguel,

Nice to meet you online anyway. Unfortunately, some people earn their titles. I personally wished that it was different but it isn't and I really don't care anymore. Like I wrote before I would rather have a beer and look at the girls but some people aren't into that for one reason or another. Perhaps one day will meet. Until then.... peace!

Scottie