Car Revista

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
The car revista sticker they sell on the street.
How much should you pay?
Are they OK or do the police know they are fake?

To get a real revista, what documents do you need? Does the matricucla have to be in your name? ETC.

Any advice would be appreciated.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
revistas

Heythere said:
The car revista sticker they sell on the street.
How much should you pay?
Are they OK or do the police know they are fake?

To get a real revista, what documents do you need? Does the matricucla have to be in your name? ETC.

Any advice would be appreciated.

On the street counterfeits: I've heard of prices between 100 to 150 pesos. There is no reason to pay more. The police wouldn't know a fake revista on sight, but see below about the receipt.

To get a real revista, you need copies of the matricula, insurance card, and your cedula/passport. The matricula does not need to be in your name, but if it isn't you can avoid questions by including a copy of a "legalized" (i.e. notarized) sale contract with your name and a name that matches the matricula.

When you go for the real matricula, keep a 50 peso note handy in case anyone asks you to open the hood of your car. That usually speeds the process.

Once you get a revista, real or otherwise, be sure to keep the receipt handy. In the unlikely event of a revista control, you will need to show a receipt with a number that matches the sticker in your window.

Finally, under no circumstances should your original matricula ever be in or near your vehicle. If anyone other than you gains possession of both items, you would no longer be the vehicle's owner.

happy motoring

el don

Mar 27, 2005
Legit Revistas

The real revista is not that dificult to get and should you get stoped at a check point late one night the time it took to get the legit revista will be worth the time.

You yourself do not have to take the vehicle you can send some one for a few pesos, always cheaper to send a dominican in your place, so the revista costs what it costs, last year it was 150.00, it cost me 300.00 to send some one, 450.00 pesos, US$16.00, I have been out of the states for 7 years and then it was costing 20.00.

You do need the receipt, the local PD has been having computers put in in various locations and pretty soon they will learn to use them, AMET is to be following suit, and if you get in a sticky situation whereas the AMET thug does not like u, well he can always take you to the nearest station and that time could be avoided if you have all your paper work in order.

dont be penny wise and pesos stupid.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Revista Requirement - 1 month ! !

The legal requirement for the current Revista went into effect on 1mar05, @ 1 month ago. I'd be interested in reading about the experiences of various foreigners [& Dominicans also], who have been stopped for Revista problems, or alleged Revista problems. Experiences??