Drive time from SDQ airport to Puerto Plata???

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
How long, in a car/taxi, does it take to get from SDQ airport to Puerto Plata??? Not by bus, not by boat, not by plane, not getting a lift from Superman, and not going South and around the earth.

Thanks!!!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
It really does depend on the traffic in Santo Domingo. If you are heavy on the gas on the autopista and hit it lucky in the city, you might do it in 3 1/2 hours. If not it could take 4 to 4 1/2, or even longer.

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
Hahah. I'm gonna be drinking not driving. The taxi guy can drive. Hopefully he doesn't get too lost. I'd be happy as hell with 4.5 hours.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
The taxi driver should get you there well within your 4 1/2 hours and probably won't get lost!

so what are you doing once you get here? I live in POP and am curious.....

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Why not just fly right into POP? You're going to miss 2 days of your vacation traveling & a cab ride from SDQ up to POP is probably going to be well over $100 each way. At least check Santiago (STI)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
too funny

You are too funny....

Good question, so why are you flying into santo domingo when we have an airport right here???

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I agree that sometimes people focus way too much on airline ticket prices and don't look at other expenses or time wasted. I've flown into SDQ for a North Coast vacation once. I saved $225 on the ticket, and since I was planning on renting a car at the airport regardless, the rental rates in SDQ and POP were the same, and came with unlimited milage, my only extra transportation expense was the gas I burned. I doubt if I would do it again however, unless I could incorporate seeing or doing something cool in the South while I am there.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
freakaccident said:
Hahah. I'm gonna be drinking not driving. The taxi guy can drive. Hopefully he doesn't get too lost. I'd be happy as hell with 4.5 hours.

LOL, you say that as if you believe that the taxi driver won't be drinking (or drunk) and driving!

Have a blast.