Best small hotel in SD.

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
The Hotel Mercure, located right on El Conde pedestrian tourist street is very clean, all modern room fixtures, reasonable price includes excellent breakfast. Walking distance to Colonial Zone. I stay there when in SD. Tel 688-5500. Canadian Bob.

JohnB

Sep 23, 2004
I'll second that...!

canadian bob said:
The Hotel Mercure, located right on El Conde pedestrian tourist street is very clean, all modern room fixtures, reasonable price includes excellent breakfast. Walking distance to Colonial Zone. I stay there when in SD. Tel 688-5500. Canadian Bob.

AGREED!!
Stayed there in December '04.
US$59 per night(Internet Rate), including a super buffet breakfast with something for everyone, that kept me hunger-free until dinner-time. Restaurant and bar are more than reasonable too.
Well appointed rooms with Sat TV, frigobar, quiet and effective airconditioning. Friendly, efficient, ever-helpful staff and a great location in the middle of the Zona Colonial right on El Conde corner of Hostos.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I stayed at the Mercure on my last visit to SD in February. The hotel is at a great location on El Conde and the complimentary breakfast buffet is excellent. Just one word of caution: unless you are a very heavy sleeper or a night owl, be very careful that you do not get a room on the side of the hotel facing Hostos where a late night disco is situated.