Jetsgo trying to get airborne again

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Jetsgo could be back in the air by this summer. The airline has set a target date of June 25th and hopes to realize that through the sale of aircraft and the use of leased MD83s. At this time the 15 Fokker 100s are parked at Quebec City, those would be sold. The airline also has 14 MD83 on lease, those are parked at Montreal and Vancouver. Between 8 and 14 of those could possibly be used to resume operations.

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Now please tell me...

how they plan to STAY in business if they relaunch??? I doubt any of the 17,000 people they stranded around North America, Mexico and the Caribbean will be buying Jetsgo tickets anytime soon. Nor do I expect the thousands of others who were not able to use their tickets to be buying anytime soon... not to mention the hundreds of thousands that read and watched the saga on national tv and newpapers!!!

Also, after hearing that they were set to be grounded by Canadian authorities for their safety record and even had to do an emergency landing on one of their flights headed for Canada from the U.S. days before they went bankrupt, I will never in my lifetime buy another ticket from Jetsgo. Saving a $100 or few hundred dollars is just not worth losing my life, losing my money or being left stranded somewhere to have have to find an alternate way home!

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
No Way

I agree, I am one of those people who is waiting for my reimbursement for a flight I booked with them. :angry:
I will get it but it was a big pain and stressful process which will take up to 8 weeks they tell me to get my money back.
I wouldn't trust them at all!!! And if I was standed like some people were no way in hell would I buy from them, no giving jetsgo my money!

Fiesta Mama said:
how they plan to STAY in business if they relaunch??? I doubt any of the 17,000 people they stranded around North America, Mexico and the Caribbean will be buying Jetsgo tickets anytime soon. Nor do I expect the thousands of others who were not able to use their tickets to be buying anytime soon... not to mention the hundreds of thousands that read and watched the saga on national tv and newpapers!!!

Also, after hearing that they were set to be grounded by Canadian authorities for their safety record and even had to do an emergency landing on one of their flights headed for Canada from the U.S. days before they went bankrupt, I will never in my lifetime buy another ticket from Jetsgo. Saving a $100 or few hundred dollars is just not worth losing my life, losing my money or being left stranded somewhere to have have to find an alternate way home!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Music said:
I agree, I am one of those people who is waiting for my reimbursement for a flight I booked with them.

I wouldn't trust them at all!!! And if I was standed like some people were no way in hell would I buy from them, no giving jetsgo my money!

Well just like Aeromar this argument would have been sensible before paying them for a ticket at 50% of the competition's price.

BrasdeLait

Mar 13, 2005
jetsgo charter

i heard an airline expert on the radio this morning say that leblanc will likely have 2 or 3 leased plans and start a charter service to caribbean where there is apparently a hole to fill as there is not enough capacity. jetsgo was flying to dr this past year. he said that it's a 50/50 chance that it will succeed because charter wholesalers will likely support him so his clients won't be the direct clients he screwed. i would book a ticket to dr with a travel agent (guaranteed not to lose one's money) using jetsgo or the new name he'll use. better to have more carriers to keep air transat in check.