Santo Domingo is on fire!!!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Literally, I got here last Saturday and finally released my grip from a beer bottle yesterday. The Zona has all the clubs, like it always did when I used to live here. The Lincoln continues to be a center for debauchery and a place to show off and the rest of the city is starting to look like something, except for the low-income neighborhoods. All in all, it's been good. Now all I need to do is meet with some of you crazy DR1 folks here and it'll make the trip even more fun.....hehe. I'll update later on.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Nice to hear someone is having fun in capital. Santiago is all dead.
AZB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hey Jon....if you're still around on the 9th of April

c'mon over to the "Party at MommC's-HB Willing" party in Juan Dolio!
See the details in the aforementioned thread!

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
More info

Sorry, MommC. I'm already back in Virginia. Got back after a 14-hour drive from Miami........some more info on the trip.

DR was great, except for having to go to my little brother's school to pick him up every day. So basically, if I wanted to do anything Ihad to either be done by 2:30 PM or stop during that time and pick him up from school and resume my activities later on. It really helps to have a car down there. Regardless, me and my two friends went down there, ate tons of food, didn't really stop drinking Presidente until last Wednesday and went out every single night. Me personally, I had a blast with my girlfriend, from the night I went and surprised her by showing up at her house to the night before I left when we just talked about everything while driving around the city.

On a sidenote: caba?as seem to be pretty high-tech right now, specially the ones by the 12 de Haina hehehe. A 36' screen in each room with a selection of MP3s of all sorts of music. Reggaeton will never sound the same to me after this trip ;)

The only places I went to outside of the city were the airport and Embassy Beach or Playa Caribe, take your pick of a name.......had to get my brother everyday.....

Besides the beer and sex, I spoke to AZB and CC. Nice talking to you guys. Sorry I couldn't meet up with yall down there but we'll have to do something in October when I go back.

On the clubs: I finally found the G-Spot!!! Me and my friend met up with my girlfriend and her cousin there. Not a bad spot, and I hadn't seen a DJ booth like that before. El Punto G is definitely somewhere to have fun at. The Atarazana in the Colonial Zone is still one of my favorites and the night after I got there, me, my girl and the fellas went there for drinks and they had strippers before the end of the night. There's about 288 pictures from the trip, I'll try to get them on tomorrow.

Well, not all of them anyways. Can't show everything :lick: ;) the smileys give a lot of clues as to what I was doing......great to have a med school student for a girlfriend so I can take some more anatomy lessons with her as the test subject ;)

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Damn Scott, ice cold water in your veins, huh??? Just kidding. Here's a pic from DR. We have about 288 pics but posted 25 online in Ophoto.......