It's Official - JetBlue has the best Customer Service....again

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Just another reason to hope that they actually stick around in the DR. What a waste it would be if they left the DR market.

Even scarier, doesn't Delta own both Comair & ASA? Both finished at the bottom.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=5&u=/ap/20050404/ap_on_re_us/airline_quality

Survey: JetBlue Has Best Airline Service
55 minutes ago Top Stories - AP
By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - JetBlue was once again ranked as offering the best service in an annual survey that also found five of the top six airlines are low-fare carriers.

AirTran Airways, Southwest Airlines and United rounded out the top of the national Airline Quality Rating study, released Monday.

"JetBlue probably has the right mix of services and management to maintain and secure this top position," said Brent Bowen, a co-author of the report and director of the University of Nebraska's aviation institute. The study is based on Transportation Department statistics.

With Alaska Airlines and America West in the five and six spots, respectively, United was the survey's only top-ranked airline that is not a low-fair carrier.

SkyWest, Comair and Atlantic Southeast Airlines appeared at the bottom of the list of 16 U.S. airlines.

Airlines generally arrived later, lost more luggage and caused more consumer complaints in 2004 than they did the year before, the report found.

Only four of the 14 major airlines rated in both 2003 and 2004 were found to have improved ? AirTran, Atlantic Southeast, JetBlue and United.

Airline service is getting worse because more people are flying at a time when carriers have slashed their work forces, said Dean Headley, a co-author of the study and associate professor at Wichita State University.

"Morale's going to be down and they're not going to care if they get the bags to the loading dock in five minutes, 10 minutes or 15 minutes," Headley said.

The seven largest carriers, for example, employed 12 percent fewer people in January 2004 than they did the year before, according to the federal Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

Headley said the aviation system is also being taxed because more planes and more people are flying than they did in the two years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. However, the aviation infrastructure ? runways, airport slots and the air traffic control system ? is essentially the same as it was in the delay-plagued era just before terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into buildings.

On-time performance worsened last year, with 78.3 percent of flights arriving on time, down from 82 percent in 2003. Skywest was on time the most, American Eagle the least.

The problem of deteriorating airline service came to a head over the Christmas holidays, when delays and cancellations inconvenienced more than 500,000 passengers. Regional carrier Comair canceled all its flights during the holiday weekend, and US Airways' baggage system failed.

A report by the Transportation Department's inspector general blamed bad weather and computer problems at Comair, and faulted poor planning and poor labor relations at US Airways.

"In a simpler system they seem to be able to do this better," Headley said. "When it's more taxed, the quality goes down."

Complaints about airline service rose 27 percent last year, a much higher increase than the 3.3 percent growth in passengers. US Airways generated the most complaints, and Southwest the least.

Last year, 4.83 bags were lost, stolen or damaged for every 1,000 passengers. Atlantic Southeast had the highest rate of mishandled bags, while AirTran had the lowest.

There was a small increase in the number of passengers "bumped," or denied boarding for space ? 0.87 passengers per 10,000 boardings in 2004, up from 0.86 per 10,000 in 2003.

The report rated the 16 U.S. airlines that carried at least 1 percent of the 630 million passengers who flew domestically last year. Two carriers, Comair and SkyWest, met that threshold for the first time in 2004.

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Jetblue is a great airline

toneloc24 said:
Just another reason to hope that they actually stick around in the DR. What a waste it would be if they left the DR market.

Even scarier, doesn't Delta own both Comair & ASA? Both finished at the bottom.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=5&u=/ap/20050404/ap_on_re_us/airline_quality

Survey: JetBlue Has Best Airline Service
55 minutes ago Top Stories - AP
By LESLIE MILLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - JetBlue was once again ranked as offering the best service in an annual survey that also found five of the top six airlines are low-fare carriers.

AirTran Airways, Southwest Airlines and United rounded out the top of the national Airline Quality Rating study, released Monday.

"JetBlue probably has the right mix of services and management to maintain and secure this top position," said Brent Bowen, a co-author of the report and director of the University of Nebraska's aviation institute. The study is based on Transportation Department statistics.

With Alaska Airlines and America West in the five and six spots, respectively, United was the survey's only top-ranked airline that is not a low-fair carrier.

SkyWest, Comair and Atlantic Southeast Airlines appeared at the bottom of the list of 16 U.S. airlines.

Airlines generally arrived later, lost more luggage and caused more consumer complaints in 2004 than they did the year before, the report found.

Only four of the 14 major airlines rated in both 2003 and 2004 were found to have improved ? AirTran, Atlantic Southeast, JetBlue and United.

Airline service is getting worse because more people are flying at a time when carriers have slashed their work forces, said Dean Headley, a co-author of the study and associate professor at Wichita State University.

"Morale's going to be down and they're not going to care if they get the bags to the loading dock in five minutes, 10 minutes or 15 minutes," Headley said.

The seven largest carriers, for example, employed 12 percent fewer people in January 2004 than they did the year before, according to the federal Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

Headley said the aviation system is also being taxed because more planes and more people are flying than they did in the two years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. However, the aviation infrastructure ? runways, airport slots and the air traffic control system ? is essentially the same as it was in the delay-plagued era just before terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into buildings.

On-time performance worsened last year, with 78.3 percent of flights arriving on time, down from 82 percent in 2003. Skywest was on time the most, American Eagle the least.

The problem of deteriorating airline service came to a head over the Christmas holidays, when delays and cancellations inconvenienced more than 500,000 passengers. Regional carrier Comair canceled all its flights during the holiday weekend, and US Airways' baggage system failed.

A report by the Transportation Department's inspector general blamed bad weather and computer problems at Comair, and faulted poor planning and poor labor relations at US Airways.

"In a simpler system they seem to be able to do this better," Headley said. "When it's more taxed, the quality goes down."

Complaints about airline service rose 27 percent last year, a much higher increase than the 3.3 percent growth in passengers. US Airways generated the most complaints, and Southwest the least.

Last year, 4.83 bags were lost, stolen or damaged for every 1,000 passengers. Atlantic Southeast had the highest rate of mishandled bags, while AirTran had the lowest.

There was a small increase in the number of passengers "bumped," or denied boarding for space ? 0.87 passengers per 10,000 boardings in 2004, up from 0.86 per 10,000 in 2003.

The report rated the 16 U.S. airlines that carried at least 1 percent of the 630 million passengers who flew domestically last year. Two carriers, Comair and SkyWest, met that threshold for the first time in 2004.

Its no surprise that Jetblue is the winner again. They will probably introduce a bunch of new destinations once they start receiving the new Embraers. JFK-STI is one of those routes that are questionable. They havent improved the time slots because all of their other routes are more profitable.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
I hope that jetblue dont leave DR market. Jetblue is a great airlines and its more than a airlines its a joy. Jetblue must resume its service to santo domingo and forget leaving the country.
Jetblue already serve 29 city in united states,Puerto rico,Bahamas and Dominican republic. Jetblue planning to begin a shuttle service between JFK to Boston in 2006 with E170, they also planning to open various station in Miami,Portland,Burbank. jetblue also planning to put more channel on its direct tv on every seat on the upgrade aircraft.

www.jetblue.com

we like you too

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
santobonao said:
I hope that jetblue dont leave DR market. Jetblue is a great airlines and its more than a airlines its a joy. Jetblue must resume its service to santo domingo and forget leaving the country.
Jetblue already serve 29 city in united states,Puerto rico,Bahamas and Dominican republic. Jetblue planning to begin a shuttle service between JFK to Boston in 2006 with E170, they also planning to open various station in Miami,Portland,Burbank. jetblue also planning to put more channel on its direct tv on every seat on the upgrade aircraft.

www.jetblue.com

we like you too

Like you, I do hope that JetBlue stays. But they already bailed on Santo Domingo, where they were most needed.

Let's face facts. Some Dominicans just aren't open-minded enough to try something different. To them, it's AA or nothing. Plus, some pack up houses and try to board for a 2 week vacation.

Also, JetBlue is making it difficult to support them in the DR market with its now-completely outrageous schedule to STI. Even though it was late (9:30 p.m.), it once worked well for me, but now it's ridiculous. If they plan on staying in the DR for any future length, they've gotta change that schedule.

I really don't think serving Puerto Rico is that much better than the DR. So why are they doing so well there, but not in the DR? What's the big difference?

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
toneloc24 said:
So why are they doing so well there, but not in the DR? What's the big difference?
I hate to beat a dead horse, but here's your answer: Reasonable Arrival/Departure Times. JetBlue thought they could compete w/AA with lower prices, but didn't realize that people do not enjoy arriving at their destination at 1:00am even if it is $20, $30, or $40 cheaper. JetBlue's flight times to/from SJU are good, if I want to go there I will compare JetBlue's, as will most people. If it's cheaper, and flight times are good, people will use them.

Jun 5, 2004
toneloc24 said:
Like you, I do hope that JetBlue stays. But they already bailed on Santo Domingo, where they were most needed.

Let's face facts. Some Dominicans just aren't open-minded enough to try something different. To them, it's AA or nothing. Plus, some pack up houses and try to board for a 2 week vacation.

Also, JetBlue is making it difficult to support them in the DR market with its now-completely outrageous schedule to STI. Even though it was late (9:30 p.m.), it once worked well for me, but now it's ridiculous. If they plan on staying in the DR for any future length, they've gotta change that schedule.

I really don't think serving Puerto Rico is that much better than the DR. So why are they doing so well there, but not in the DR? What's the big difference?

Very true all you said. Their schedule is horrible. The only good thing they might have on their side is that the y might offer lower fares nad the fact that they accept 70 pounds even though for Dominicans 70 pounds is not enough. I hope they stay but I guess that STI is the major airport in the Dominican Republic from JFK since NA left sdq and stayed with STI and JetBlue the same. Also AA will have 4 flights to sdq dthe summer while 5 to STI. I also think that PR is not going to work as good as a morning flight to STI but when I talked with my friend who works for B6 he told me that they were looking at the past passanger flow on the morning flight and came to the conclusion that the flight was probobly going to do better in going to Aguadilla PR (Which I dont think so but maybe since I believe that b6 is the only with direct service to BQN) am I wrong about what I said between SDQ and STI because I am not sure.

NO NEED FOR THE LAST SENTENCE

EDITED BY : CARLOS

Last edited by a moderator:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
"Pobre del Pobre"

I have heard more positive than nevagtive about JetBlue but I will not, for the life of me, fly with them since their detartures/arrivals are just insane.

I will not kill myself, since I live 3 hours away from JFK, in order to save 50 "green ones". Crap, even if I lived in NY, I would not wake up that early to fly with them.

But I have heard wonders about them. I am an "early bird", just not that early!. ;)

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
BigCity27 said:
I hate to beat a dead horse, but here's your answer: Reasonable Arrival/Departure Times. JetBlue thought they could compete w/AA with lower prices, but didn't realize that people do not enjoy arriving at their destination at 1:00am even if it is $20, $30, or $40 cheaper. JetBlue's flight times to/from SJU are good, if I want to go there I will compare JetBlue's, as will most people. If it's cheaper, and flight times are good, people will use them.

Actually all of their routes, including SJU, started with those horrendous schedules. Part of their business plan has been to maximize the use of their aircraft. SJU started at 1, 2 am in the morning. Look at Aguadilla, it started with a worse schedule than STI and ended up stealing the daytime slot from STI. Their west coast routes were also red eye. The conclusion is that Jetblue has always been successful following this pattern, STI and SDQ are the exception.

I think the major difference is that dominicans are a non-english speaking immigrant group. Jetblue is a very popular carrier on the east coast (and California) among the english speaking population. Their load factor is at the top of the market. Sometimes I have considered that their popularity is actually overrated as they are, after all, just an airline.

The point is that Jetblue thought they were "popular" and "cool" among the dominican population as well. It turns out, that many are still relatively "ignorant" of american culture, barely know english AND barely travel within the U.S. Therefore, dominicans had no idea what Jetblue was and probably thought it was some scary 6 month airline...

Although Jetblue is a "big" thing in NY, Dominicans still live relatively isolated from the culture around them. Adding this to their lack of trust for any airline not named AA and the horrible schedules Jetblue is known to start with, the routes have not been ENTIRELY successful.

Also remember that Jetblue had a great daytime schedule when it started for STI. Right after the summer, they took that off. If it wouldnt have been for the factors I mentioned above, that schedule would have probably stayed.

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
jet blue

tumbs up to jet blue for best service once again! too bad they canceled the JFK-SDQ route. I flew thoes late nite flights and the planes were packed. I presonally rather fly on a late nite flight and not miss one minute of my precious vacation time on a plane in the middle of the day!

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Question??

Jetblue just received their own terminal in JFK (late last year), is it safe to assume that jetblue have to borrow terminal space at SDQ & STI. AA & Delta are probably already occupying most available terminals in the so-called prime-time slots, hence the late departures & arrivals for Jetblue at those airports.

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
Ricardo900 said:
Jetblue just received their own terminal in JFK (late last year), is it safe to assume that jetblue have to borrow terminal space at SDQ & STI. AA & Delta are probably already occupying most available terminals in the so-called prime-time slots, hence the late departures & arrivals for Jetblue at those airports.

Jetblue has always had its own terminal in JFK, it is terminal 6. Last year, they got another terminal, which I think is the old TWA terminal and they will be remodeling it.

On the STI/SDQ side, I dont know how they are doing. I dont think STI is in any way over capacity. I dont think they would have any problem landing/departing in STI in the day/prime-time slots.

Jun 5, 2004
xxeonzz said:
Jetblue has always had its own terminal in JFK, it is terminal 6. Last year, they got another terminal, which I think is the old TWA terminal and they will be remodeling it.

On the STI/SDQ side, I dont know how they are doing. I dont think STI is in any way over capacity. I dont think they would have any problem landing/departing in STI in the day/prime-time slots.

I know they are remodiling in STI but they dont have all that wide space now with delta and American with flights every hour its not going to be easy not impossible.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
THere is enough space....

Ricardo900 said:

In STI in the morning and afternoon there is space, workforce and time to fit a A320 in any of the available positions....... STI has 6 positions that can be swapped to be used with 75/,767,737,A320,A300 that serve STI...

So...... and i said this in an old post..... JETBLUE MAKES THEIR SCHEDULE they put the times they want to get here.... period... SO, it is sad that they have decided to make their STI flight a Vampire flight.... sorry......I love Jetblue but damnnnnnnnnn.... also their load factor to STI is not bad at all..... over 130pax both ways EVERY DAY......

so..... make your own conclusions..... but i have to agree that dominicans simply are crazy about AA.... AA has a late arriving flight at STI and people use it, regularly....... also AA1774 leaves at 8:00am and at 4:30am there are already people at the airport for that flight........

Bottom line is different people have different needs....... Jetblue for the customer who can take advantages of their schedule and service.... the same for AA for families, and day arrivals and departures... it just depends on what you want...

Saludos

STIOP

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
STIOP said:
In STI in the morning and afternoon there is space, workforce and time to fit a A320 in any of the available positions....... STI has 6 positions that can be swapped to be used with 75/,767,737,A320,A300 that serve STI...

So...... and i said this in an old post..... JETBLUE MAKES THEIR SCHEDULE they put the times they want to get here.... period... SO, it is sad that they have decided to make their STI flight a Vampire flight.... sorry......I love Jetblue but damnnnnnnnnn.... also their load factor to STI is not bad at all..... over 130pax both ways EVERY DAY......

so..... make your own conclusions..... but i have to agree that dominicans simply are crazy about AA.... AA has a late arriving flight at STI and people use it, regularly....... also AA1774 leaves at 8:00am and at 4:30am there are already people at the airport for that flight........

Bottom line is different people have different needs....... Jetblue for the customer who can take advantages of their schedule and service.... the same for AA for families, and day arrivals and departures... it just depends on what you want...

Saludos

STIOP

Your 100% right! I hope that Jetblue expand their services to Santiago and i hope that they resume again to Santo domingo because santo domingo is the capital of dominican republic.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
la flor said:
too bad they canceled the JFK-SDQ route. I flew thoes late nite flights and the planes were packed.
They couldn't have been that packed if they cancelled them.

xxeonzz

May 30, 2004
BigCity27 said:
They couldn't have been that packed if they cancelled them.

Someone here mentioned that a guy that worked in Jetblue said luggage, and not load, was the reason they stopped flying there. Turns out that many times they had to pay another carrier to take the luggage because their aircraft couldn't take it all. This cut into their profits and they just analyzed that they could utilize the aircraft in a more profitable route.