Real Estate Santo Domingo

maritabelleza

Feb 20, 2005
Hello,

I am moving to Santo Domingo in June, and cannot decide whether to buy or rent a place. I visited a few agents while in Santo Domingo in March- but they tried to wrip me off because I am foreign. Does anyone know of a good agent in the city?

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
maritabelleza said:
Hello,

I am moving to Santo Domingo in June, and cannot decide whether to buy or rent a place. I visited a few agents while in Santo Domingo in March- but they tried to wrip me off because I am foreign. Does anyone know of a good agent in the city?

Why would you think they tried to rip you off?

Who where the agents you tried so far?

TEHAMA

Feb 3, 2004
maritabelleza said:
Hello,

First, I strongly suggest renting a place for awhile. I know many dont want to hear that, but what if you buy and later find something else? I know sell and move, but it might not be as easy as it sounds. Also, some tend to jack up the price to a foreigner as you have not had much time to fully explore the market. I know many stories of the latter.

As far as ripping you off goes. To my knowledge "everyone" is an agent, or could be one. When there's a cut of money to be made they all can do it. So if it seemed a bit shady, not quite right, then that's the way it goes. NO, I would not do business with anyone I have doubts about.

I've heard stories of people selling homes that are not legally their to sell. Forget the agent. Concentrate more on a damm good attorney to check the records.

(Eight months and still renting, happily. And its doesnt look like it will change anytime soon. It lacks the element of security and trust of which I am accustomed)
TEHAMA