cristi..houses were side by side..nice but no real property..farm
animals etc.a guy i met always brings clothes and toys for the people
in the country..he said it was really beautiful..the people..where is
the best place on the north coast to have this expierence? i have a
friend in jamao..is that considered "campo"?..thanks

blanca

Jan 23, 2003
SO you want campo do you?!!!

If you want to see and be a part of a "campo" i know one of the best on the North Coast! The people are really great and very down to earth. I also own a shrimp farm with my wife there which you are welcome to visit. It's near Nagua called Coypeito. Let me know if you want directions and when you would be visiting. I will give you the phone number of our foreman who would be glad to show you around the campo and take you to the river. There is a lot to do there and i think it would be worth the trip. e-mail me.

Howard & Karym

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
paddy said:
where is the best place on the north coast to have this expierence? i have a friend in jamao..is that considered "campo"?..thanks
Anything away from tourist towns and cities is considered "campo".
Jamao is a great place to visit and it's not too far away from Sosua or Cabarete.
If you're in the Sosua area, just drop in and we can talk about all the options.
If you rent a jeep or a bike, there are campo rides from here that are simply awesome.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
Rocky said:
Jamao is a great place to visit and it's not too far away from Sosua or Cabarete.
If you're in the Sosua area, just drop in and we can talk about all the options.
If you rent a jeep or a bike, there are campo rides from here that are simply awesome.
thanks marco...i've had breakfast at your place dozens of times..usually with louie from the shark bar..i work for the daily news in nyc..say hi to louie and your #1 waitress sonia if shes still there. thanks

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
paddy said:
thanks marco...i've had breakfast at your place dozens of times..usually with louie from the shark bar..i work for the daily news in nyc..say hi to louie and your #1 waitress sonia if shes still there. thanks
I know some great jungle rides from here.
There are roads right here in Sosua that can take you so deep in 10 minutes that there's isn't even a house to be seen, with rivers to drive through, small waterfalls and real genuine country folks.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Rocky said:
I know some great jungle rides from here.
There are roads right here in Sosua that can take you so deep in 10 minutes that there's isn't even a house to be seen, with rivers to drive through, small waterfalls and real genuine country folks.
Who have no idea where the hell you are in relation to major cities... or live in places that don't show in any map. So plan to get lost, time and time again, but it's all fun. :classic:

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Pib said:
Who have no idea where the hell you are in relation to major cities... or live in places that don't show in any map. So plan to get lost, time and time again, but it's all fun. :classic:

The best part about traveling is getting lost!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
westcoastfantas said:
What campos are near Boca Chica that I can visit?

You can simply visit Boca Chica itself, you'll understand when you arrive. The local people are super friendly, I doubt they see all that many tourists in their neighborhoods.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
westcoastfantas said:
What campos are near Boca Chica that I can visit?
Any small village in the vicinity would be the campo, but Boca Chica is in the boring flat part of the country and the nearest campo with a bit of mountains & rivers, would be Hato Major (1 1/2 hour drive) up to Sabana de la Mar, or to head northwest of Santo Domingo.
It's nothing like on the North coast where you can get to pretty areas in the country within minutes of the coast.

bozorboso

May 16, 2005
Rocky said:
are bikes easy and cheap to rent? where in Sosua could I obtain one?